cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Generate Video

jkingston01
Explorer
0 Kudos

Since this last update, I can no longer generate and export the mp4. This is critical for our training as we export the video to a video editing tool, add other business content and then create the SCORM file for our LMS.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

DirkManuel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check you have the required codec(s). No idea what these are or where to get them, but could be a factor.

Other than that, does it happen for all users or just you? For all simulations, or selected ones?

jkingston01
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Shane,

I have confirmed I am defaulting to the most recent trainer and confirmed I cannot generate a video from any of my work areas.

What should I check next?

Jo

DirkManuel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it is in all Workareas then it is likely not an issue with Producer per se, as it's unlikely all Workareas would happen to have the same corruption.

So does it happen for all users? If not, it is something on your PC. If yes, it could still be something on the PC, but tied to your company loadset/network. Are you running the Cloud version, and if so are you able to test on a PC outside of your company network (using a manual login)?

ShaneLipke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jo,

I'm still able to generate video fine following the most recent release. Can you please ensure that you have the most recent Trainer object set as default in Producer and try again. The Trainer file is located in the Resources > Trainer section and should be set to the version highlighted below. You can set the latest version by right clicking it and selecting Set as Default.

If you are still having issues, is this happening with just one Simulation or all Simulations?

Regards
Shane