cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unified client for planning and analysis

0 Kudos

Hello,

We are studying a planning  project BPC 10.1 NW on HANA (Embedded model).

I was thinking about the possibility to make the input-forms in EPM Add-in (based on Bex queries) and reports using analysis for office (based on Bex queries) because these reports are more dynamic.

But the problem would have to log in twice, once to fill planning input-forms in EPM Add-in and another on Analysis for office to view reports.

I saw that in the SAP Analysis for MS Office version 2.0 is planned to unify these programs.

But I'm not sure when this unified client will be available. Any idea?

Best regards,

Javi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JohnL
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Javi,

AO 2.1 has been released into Ramp up and is the unification of AO and EPM that you speak of.

See the PAM link

https://apps.support.sap.com/sap/support/pam?hash=s%3DSBOP%2520ANALYSIS%2520MS%2520OFFICE%25202.1%26...

If you are interesting in joining the ramp up please select fill out this form:

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/support/rampup/ons/default.htm?ons_version=2&ons_h...

make sure: SAP BusinessObjects Analysis 2.1, edition for Microsoft Office is chosen as the product.

Thanks,

joost_peeters2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Javi,

have you considered using Analysis for Office for your reports AND your input-forms? It's perfectly possible to create a planning application (complete with planning functions etc.) in Analysis for Office.

I haven't tried yet, but I assume you can combine input-ready and standard bex queries into one AO application.

Check this blog from . In the comments she mentions that the unified tool is planned for version 2.1.

Best regards,

Joost

0 Kudos

Hi Joost,

If Analysis for Office supports cell based comments, it will be the perfect solution.

I have read this link but I'm not sure if it supports this:

Best Regards,

Javi

joost_peeters2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Javi,

you can use a planning enabled DSO to store comments as explained in point (3) of the blog you're referring to, but that doesn't work like cell based comments, it's more like a "comments"-key figure.

Figure 11 on ' blog I referred to previously mentions comments in the 'future direction' of the AO client, but I don't know when that functionality will be available or if it will be implemented as a cell based comments solution.

I suggest you contact SAP to get an answer on that question.

Best regards,

Joost

0 Kudos

Hi,

Anybody from SAP could confirm me this question about unified client?

Regards,

Javi

former_member193143
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Javier,

when I attend the last tech-ed which is conducted at Bangalore in India they mention like below. But they told us like its a planned date but can't sure release on the same quarter it. Hopefully they will release in the 3rd quarter of this year.

Regards,

Sadia Reddy Gogireddy