cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see idoc in WE02 in ECC or GTS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello -

When I send an idoc to GTS for a material master change via program RBDMIDOC in SE38, I do not see the idoc display in WE02 in ECC or GTS. I see that some, but not all of the data which I changed in the ECC material master has been updated in the GTS Product Master and therefore know that an idoc is being generated and sent, but I want to troubleshoot it to see what data was and was not picked up and sent over. Since I cannot see the idoc that was generated in WE02 in either ECC or GTS, I am unable to do so.

The reason I am investigating this is that I am attempting to send over additional data (tax classifications) in the Reduced Message Type /SAPSLL/MATMAS_SLL, but the newly selected data is not picked up and sent over. I am trying to understand if this is an issue with configuration or the idoc itself.

Has anyone had any experience with this that can offer some insight?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

SAP ERP system does not generate Intermediate Documents (IDocs) for data distribution

to SAP GTS, certain settings from the IDoc Interface are used: message types and change pointers.

MATMAS for material masters, CREMAS for vendor masters, and DEBMAS for customer masters. They are linked to IDoc basic types defining the formatting structure of the data records that are to be sent.

Instead of generating IDocs, the programs used in the SAP ERP feeder system for the transfer of master data to SAP GTS carry out RFCs based on the reduced structure.

this is the reason you are not able to se the idoc inWE02 as ther is no idoc as such created.

If you want see what data is getting transferred to GTS when you sending the material do following step.

1. Before running the program to send material to GTS switch on debug mode by putting /h as tcode.

2. Run the program to send the Material to GTS,

3. Set break point at statement RFC.

4. Press F8 , it will stop at the RFC call FM which is called in GTS here you can check all the detail which goes to GTS.

kind Regards,

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the helpful explanation Sameer.

However, when I follow the steps exactly as you said and set a breakpoint at statement RFC while running Program RBDMIDOC for message type /SAPSLL/MATMAS_SLL in SE38 and hit F8, the program does not stop at the RFC call, it just executes. A call must be made however, as the data I have changed is passed to GTS.

The user ID is dialog - is there something else that I may need to setup in order for this to work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi .

RBDMIDOC is program to pick the the changes done to master data and send it across to GTS.

There has to be entry in table TBD62( Tcode BD52 to maintain entries) for respective message type Viz. /SAPSLL/DEBMAS_SLL for the creation/updation of change pointer in table BDCP and BDCPS, once these table updated with change pointer then only the changes is picked up by the Program RBDMIDOC and pushed to GTS.

In order to test what data is going to GTS use Tcode /n/sapsll/matmas_dirr3 and then use the steps i mentioned earlier it will stop at FM /SAPSLL/API_6850_SYNCH_MASS, here check detail of ls_api6850-tax[] whether tax type and tax group are getting pushed or not.

kind regards,

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sameer - I will check this and let you know.