cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to lock specific cells BPC 10.1 EPM Formatting Sheet

0 Kudos

Dear Sir/Madam

We are working on BPC 10.1. We need to lock specific cells. I have tried to resolve this issue with the posted answers on the support portal but I can't resolve it yet.

Business Scenario:

Business required different colors in the year 2020 and 2021. I have attached screenshots for clarity. In EPM Report formatting sheet; Column priority has been selected. I need to lock some cells (highlighted in Red color for example). I have tried to lock with EPM formatting sheet. either it locks all cells in the year 2020 or not work. Please advice

Report Editor: Dimension on Row axis and column axis

Need to lock cells in red color

EPM Formatting sheet Row

EPM Formatting Sheet Columns: I have filtred Year 21-22 with green color and year 20-21 with a different color.

Please let me know if anyone has faced that type of issue or has an expert opinion.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In order to have complex logic of preventing changes in some cell - do not use cell locking at all.

Use validation rule based on some condition (true for cells to be edited, false for cells to be blocked)!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use proper settings in "Use" column on the formatting sheet. If you use lock for rows - don't use it for columns etc...

0 Kudos

Thanks for your suggestions.

Row formatting is working on Row Axis members (formatting, italic, Bold), Column axis items are managing in the time dimension, and some cells required to Lock. I have tested both ways but can't succeed.

I have selected some cells in the datasheet and in the formatting sheet, right-click on a column Year 21-22 select EPM> Lock Selected Cells. After that, I protected the sheet. either it does not work or lock whole columns in year 21-22, which do not make sense. Only need to lock some specific cells

In column "USE" I have tried to use ALL | (Lock = True) but it not works. What other settings may I do? Please advice

Thanks & Best Regards

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

muhammad.muzzammil

"I have selected some cells in the datasheet and in the formatting sheet, right-click on a column Year 21-22 select EPM> Lock Selected Cells. After that, I protected the sheet. either it does not work or lock whole columns in year 21-22, which do not make sense. Only need to lock some specific cells"

Unable to understand, what you are doing.

Cell lock has to be applied to the particular cell on the formatting sheet - like color formatting.

Use some simple report to test.

0 Kudos

There are column quantity, rate, and amount in a report. Now in some dimensions members not require to input Quantity and rate, in this case, how can we lock a specific cell? Locking a whole row or column is not possible. Please advice

Thanks & Best Regards