cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Pricing Sample Content Error - Currency Conversion

0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am using a PAPM Sample Content named "Transfer Pricing with Product and Service Costing" to understand how the environment is built. I came across two functions "Select Shares for Additional Checking (JOPFW)" function and "Convert Data to Group Currency (COGRR)" function. When I ran these two functions I am getting an error.

JOPFW function gives an error saying "numeric overflow...the precision of the decimal value is larger than the target precision :30"

COGRR function gives an error saying "User defined function runtime error".

Has anyone encountered this error after installing this sample content? If yes, could you please help me how to fix this error.

Thanks,

Prashanth

Samantha_Yasay
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

For us to further check the error you have encountered on Transfer Pricing with Product and Service Costing Sample Content, may we ask for the Environment and version used?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Samantha

0 Kudos

Hello Samantha,

Environment is SXG and version is 11.

Thanks,

Prashanth

zhiyitang
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

We're not able to reproduce the same issue in SXG/0011 on our test systems. The join function JOPFW performs a few simple operations on the input data table and it's quite strange to see that it produces numeric overflow error. Could you please try to execute these two functions with a process ID (either the process template or a process instance)? If it still won't resolve the errors, please kindly open an incident, so that we'd be able to access to your system to help inspect the errors.

Thanks and best regards,

Zhiyi Tang

0 Kudos

Thanks Zhiyi.

I am able to fix numeric overflow error on the join function JOPFW by changing the SHR filed data length to 17 and this issue got resolved.

But the COGRR function issue still persists. I am getting an error saying "User defined function runtime error....search table error: currency/unit conversion error:Conversion(COL $2$,, COL$4$....". Any idea on how to fix this error?

I tried running COGRR function using the process ID, but still I get the error.

Thanks,
Prashanth

zhiyitang
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

did you try to configure the conversion type at environment level? If not, please follow the instruction of 3. Remark in SAP Note 2996864 to maintain the conversion type (as well as local exchange rate table), so that the conversion function would be running properly.

Best regards,

Zhiyi Tang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

zhiyitang
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

did you try to configure the conversion type at environment level? If not, please follow the instruction of 3. Remark in SAP Note 2996864 to maintain the conversion type (as well as local exchange rate table), so that the conversion function would be running properly.

Best regards,

Zhiyi Tang