cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scope

Former Member
0 Kudos

Team,

The scope for the logic is the unique members of the data that is being sent + all the account members right?

please correct me if my thinking is wrong here....

then what would the

*Xdim_memberset CATEGORYDIM = %CATEGORY_SET% include...

does this include the unique categories from the Input Schedule.?if yes...isn't this redundancy?

or does this include all the available members from the category Dimension.

Thanks

-t

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Team,

no inputs on this question....? please spare sm time....

or does XDIM_memberset completely overwrite whatever is brought in by scope.?

thnx

-t

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it defines the scope for that dimension. You may want to use xdim_addmemberset to expand on an input set.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Petar,

I understand that it defines the scope for that dimension.....

i think may be i was not clear on my question.....

let me try again....

xdim-memberset defines the scope for that dimension.

1)Does this override whatever is in scope that is coming from the input schedule(IS).

2)does this add to the scope of IS.

Becasue..naturally the scope of an IS already includes the unique members on the IS + All the account members by default right? Please correct me here if my thinking is wrong.

Thanks for your time

-t

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your first point is correct, when referring to default logic that's run after submitting data from an input schedule. The logic is scoped by the data region submitted, with the exception of account dim (all members by default) and currency dim (LC by default).

xdim_memberset tells the logic to ignore the submitted data region, and scope by what you define instead.

xdim_addmemberset tells the logic to use the submitted data region, PLUS whatever you add to the scope.

The following is, by itself, completely redundant and unnecessary.

*Xdim_memberset CATEGORYDIM = %CATEGORY_SET%

You may find it useful, though, if you have logic with multiple commit blocks, and some blocks redefine category to something other than the submitted data region. The above instruction will (for some other block) set it back to the default scoping. It's not actually required (since the new commit block does that automatically) but it may be useful for code legibility, or just if you like to take a belt-and-suspenders control-freak approach to telling the logic what to do.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tim for clarifying that.

-t