Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP DM - Chapter or Report Content Refresh not working

tassos_kapros
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,
I am using SAP DM SP17 (new installation) and i am facing the following issue:
I have prepared an excel file in Data Cache with a simple table by using filters (10 rows & 2 col).
I have also prepared a word report with this table, which is connected to excel data cache by using Excel template.
When i refreshed from DM Addin in MS Word with checked-in chapter opened, everything is working fine.
When i refreshed from Content Refresh (Start Refresh) in IE (entire or specific chapter), the table is not appeared correctly.

If certain rows are hidden by user or by filter in excel table then more rows than the hidden, are not appeared in the word table
I have also noticed in other cases that the table formating is corrupted.

Can you please advise why the action of Content Refresh and (Addin) Document -> Document brings different results?

Thank you,
Tassos

data-cache.jpg

dm-addin-refresh.jpg

content-refresh.jpg

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

tassos_kapros
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello, my issue has been fixed after upgrading to SP1701 based on

3024420 - Missing rows after Server side content refresh

Thank you,

Tassos

tassos_kapros
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I noticed that a new SAP Note has been released today regarding this issue (3012589 - Stack 1700 - Empty Rows and missing Columns in Datalinked table).

I applied the note but the issue has not been fixed.

Please advice.

Thank you,
Tassos

pablolupinari
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, I am having the same issue stak 1700.

I have a table where user delete one column in word.

Refresh button - ok

but thru mouse right click -> manage database connection -> ERROR after refresh = EMPTY TABLE

Did you find a solution?!

pablolupinari
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey!

I have just found the root cause for this issue: MERGED CELLS IN word table.

If you refresh db connection through mouse right click over a table, you can see in the breefing book the number of the columns and rows that will be refreshed by SAP-DM.

You must have at least the same number of rows/columns or LESS in word table, but NEVER used mergerd cells

You must not have merged cell columns in word table, otherwise you gonna get entire empty table.