Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CPQ Production system copy to quality

vrjadhav
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,
Is it possible to copy CPQ production system to quality/test system for data/customizations & development ?

Thanks,
Vaibhav Jadhav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

LukaPilipovic
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Vaibhav,

It is technically possible to copy database of productive tenant to any other (already provisioned) tenant via support/ops request. This is called refresh of tenant where you will need to provide source and target tenant URLs and names.

Best regards,
Luka

vrjadhav
Participant
0 Kudos

lukapilipovic Thank you !

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

VineetJain
Participant

Thanks for your feedback slyakh2, I got a confirmation from SAP via an incident that they cannot...I repeat CANNOT exclude the copying of a specific object.

VineetJain
Participant
0 Kudos

lukapilipovic,

What are the things which DO NOT get copied over when requesting a copy of Productive tenant to a non productive tenant?

We are expecting the system to copy the below items

1. Product (Simple/configurable)

2. Custom Tables with data

3. Global Scripts with events

4. Local Scripts with events

5. Workflow / Approval rules

6. Documents

7. Users / User Types / Permission Groups

8. Quote Header Custom Fields / Quote items custom fields

9. Custom Calculations

10. Quote Tables

11. Custom Actions

12. Application Parameters

13. Business Partners

14. Responsive Templates

Please add if I may have missed something.

Kindly also let me know if it is possible to request SAP to not copy a specific object like Quotes and Business Partner.

Regards

Vineet Jain

slyakh
Participant

Hi Vineet,

In our experience, when requesting SAP to copy an environment, everything stored on their database gets copied over. We have not seen anything that does not get copied over.

I don't know if you can ask SAP to exclude some things from getting copied over. You can ask them. But if you need only certain things copied over, you could utilize the deployment functionality to copy those objects yourself.

Hope that helps.
- Sergey