cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Position In Group...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

I am trying to understand what is the purpose of the member PGroup (Position in Group) in the ownership application for NW 7.0 BPC based consolidation. Typically what values would you expect for that? If a holding company owns 100 % of its subsidiary, what would be the value for PGROUP?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

PGROUP was used in the BPC Microsoft releases to record the position of each entity in the "Dynamic Hierarchy Editor", not sure if this property has any usage in the BPC 7.0 NW release

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dzmitry/Marcel,

Thanks for your answers. I am not sure I understand a situation where you would do consolidation with an entity that is not in a group (PGROUP <> 1). Won't all the entities in a consolidation hierarchy be part of the consolidatrion group? Would appreciate if you could give me simple example to understand.

thanks,

Former Member

Hi Matt,

Essentially you enter value 1 in the Ownership App for each Entity Member you want to match with the corresponding Group Member, without Position in Group the system wouldn't know how to derive this relationship e.g. if you wanted to add Entity A and Entity B to Group X you have to create an Input Schedule with the corresponding Entities and Group members, relevant time period etc and then write 1 into the Postion In Group "account" for both Entity A and Entity B.

One thing to note, if an Entity belongs to mulitple Groups you have to repeat this exercise e.g. if Entity A and Entity B also belong to Group Y

"Position" is misleading, all this does is indicate whether the Entity belongs to the Group or not.

Hope this helps

Stuart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Member u201CPGROUPu201D in O_Acct dimension stores the information about the position of each entity in a consolidation group.

Value 1 represents in the group other value represents not in the group.

Hope that info will help u,

Dzmitry