cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGROUP shows empty or zero values in sub-groups

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi bpc experts:

I had built my consolidation hierarchy though DHE as you can see in the next image (HOLDING in red represents which entity is holding in each sub-group) :

BUT, I have build also a report to validate the DHE data, so I have a doubt about PGROUP in some sub-groups, for example analyzing  the red rectangles show that in sub-group G_EG_01 (as you see the image) has the entities: 01, 04, P101 and P102 , but the report shows zero (or blank in other cases) for entities 02 and 03, is this correct? or do I have to include 02 and 03 entities in sub-group G_EG_01 through DHE??

I m not gonna run the Ultimate Ownership Package since is throwing strange errors, I just fill the DHE manually.

Pls some help

regards

jav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you maintained the POWN and PCON in the DHE for those entities? That is how the PGROUP normally gets populated with "1" - which is what your report is using.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Linda:

Yes, POWN and PCON are maintaned in DHE.

PGROUP gest populated when you make drag/drop of one entity over a sub-group.

So, that is my question, Do I have to make drag/drop of entitites 02 and 03 over sub-group G_EG_01?

Regards

jav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes I have looked more closely at your screenshot

And you actually will have to assign all entity 02, 03, P201, P202 etc to the G_EG_01 level (as you mentioned since you are not running the ultimate ownership package)

Linda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ho Linda Le:

Thanks for answering.

Yes I ve realized I have to do that, but I d like to know what is it for? I mean, what is the purpose to add that entities on a top-level since they r already added in a sub-group?

regards

jav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Because the BPC ownership hierarchy is not a true hierarchy - in being able to calculate the roll ups from entities under E_CG_6, into E_CG_3 into E_CG_1. The ownership data is being stored in a cube.

If you look at the ownership application, group and entity are separate dimensions in the application. And the consol method and percentages are actually stored in effectively a table format i.e.

E_CG_6, Entity 05, PCON =1

E_CG_2, Entity P201, PCON =1

These records are later used in currency translation and consolidation tasks.

Linda