cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative signs on package run

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have logic in the Default.LGF. I get the correct results when the logic is triggered from a manual input template. When I run the Default Formulas package however, the resulting data has the sign reversed.

Any ideas on what's causing this? The ACCTYPE property has the appropriate values.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aggie,

Basically, if I understood you correctly you are saying when run the same script as in Default.LGFthrough /CPMB/DEFAULT_FORMULAS the sign gets reversed.

Have the following query:

Did you create a new script say XXX.LGF and did cut and paste the script from default.lgf to this new script and referred that in the advanced script of the process chain

/CPMB/DEFAULT_FORMULAS as shown below

1. TASK (/CPMB/DEFAULT_FORMULAS_LOGIC,LOGICFILENAME,XXX.LGF)

or you have it as

2. TASK (/CPMB/DEFAULT_FORMULAS_LOGIC,LOGICFILENAME,DEFALUT.LGF)

If you have it as in point 2. then try this - cut and paste the script from default.lgf to  a new script, then validtate and save save the script (named, say XXX.LGF), then in the advanced script of the process chain (/CPMB/DEFAULT_FORMULAS) refer XXX.LGF as shown in point 1 above.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Kalyan.

former_member221145
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aggie,

Can you add the at the top of your default logic and check the result

*XDIM_MEMBERSET MEASEURES = YTD if your application is YTD

*XDIM_MEMBERSET MEASEURES = PERIODIC if your application is PERIODIC

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the responses so far.

When I use the logic on a different LGF and different package. I get the same negative results.

ACCTYPES are set up appropriately with EXP,INC,LEQ,AST. All ACCTYPES represented are getting the amounts reversed on a data manager package run.

This is a Periodic model.

Could there be some task or other statement on the package that would cause sign reversal?

See logic script below. As stated earlier everything works out fine when I send data from an input template.

*SELECT (%YR1%, "YEAR", TIME, "ID=%TIME_SET%")
*SELECT(%BSYR1%, "[ID]", TIME, "[YEAR]='%YR1%' AND [LEVEL]='MONTH'")
*XDIM_MEMBERSET TIME = %BSYR1%     //For Calcuation to work on Per Case submission

*XDIM_FILTER CATEGORY=[CATEGORY].PROPERTIES("BUD_LOGIC")="Y"

*SELECT(%ACCT1%, "[ID]", SACCOUNT, "[DRIVER]='CASES")
*XDIM_MEMBERSET SACCOUNT = %ACCT1%

*XDIM_MEMBERSET AUDITTRAIL = PER_CASE_INP,PER_CASE_ADJ,Input

*WHEN SACCOUNT
*IS %ACCT%
*WHEN AUDITTRAIL
*IS PER_CASE_INP,PER_CASE_ADJ
*REC(EXPRESSION = ([SACCOUNT].[CASES],[AUDITTRAIL].[Input]) * %VALUE% , AUDITTRAIL = "SALES.CALC")
*ENDWHEN
*ENDWHEN
*COMMIT

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aggie,

It looks like you are using BPC 7.5. For this version the script is working differently when launched by default logic or by dm package for account types INC or LEQ. The difference is a sign reverse.

B.R. Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's version 10.

All ACCTYPES are affected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Workaround Solution:

In case anyone is interested I switched the logic to allocation engine script. This works correctly both from manual submission and default package run.

FYI, the package run is needed for automated data load of Actuals.

Aggie

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aggie,

Please explain, what do you mean by "I switched the logic to allocation engine script"

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

I cleared out the logic script I showed above, and in it's place I have the allocation logic

*RUNALLOCATION

*FACTOR = USING

*DIM AUDITTRAIL  WHAT=INPUT;  WHERE=SALES.CALC; USING=PER_CASE_INP,PER_CASE_ADJ;

*DIM SACCOUNT  WHAT=CASES; ...........etc

*ENDALLOCATION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think it may be the parenthesis on my record statement. However, if I take it out, it does not validate.[AUDITTRAIL].[Input] is not recognized as valid.

*REC(EXPRESSION = ([SACCOUNT].[CASES],[AUDITTRAIL].[Input]) * %VALUE% , AUDITTRAIL = "SALES.CALC")

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope, it was not the parenthesis. I used a vlookup instead and still get negative values on the package run. Still works correctly from input template data submission.

Can anyone help resolve this mystery?

raghu_ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aggie,

What are the ACCTYPE's where you are getting reverse values. In transformation file please check the CREDITPOSITIVE option.

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aggie,

As I know you issue. Please check your account type property (INC, EXP, AST, and LEQ) in you account dimensnion. There is problem lying. Please maintain them properly. your problem will be resolved.

As you are using default logic, which runs when you send data in you input schedule. one thing, you use data manager package (expecial created to default logic). what I suggest you

1. for input schedule, please dont run data manager package for default formula.
  2. if you use DM for default for input schedule, I think (not sure), default logic runs twice, one while send & retrieving the data and second while running the DM.

hope it helps. I dont think that is anyother place, you issue is lying. check with above mention options.

Thanks

Varun