cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Load from ECC to BI and from BI to BPC for Legal Consolidation

0 Kudos

We need to load the Data for Legal Consolidation. I need to understand the strategy for mapping Movement Types while loading data into BPC.

I need to validate the following.

1. Period 000 data needs to be mapped to F_OP (Cumulative Balance with Flow Type 999 and 100)

2. Movement Types 100 (Op Bal), 120 (Acquisition), 140 (Retirement) needs to be mapped to F_OP, F_ACQ & F_RET respectively.

3.Closing Balance needs to be Calculated through OP Bal +- Movements= CL Bal

4. Suppose we need to do Quarterly consolidation from September 2016, we need to load the balances for August  (Cumulative Balance with Flow Type 999 and 100) and we need to load Debits and Credits with respective Flows for the month of September.

Is this Understanding correct?

Can anybody suggest me the correct approach?

Regards,

Ganadhish Mehendale

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member225135
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Period 000 data needs to be mapped to F_OP (Cumulative Balance with Flow Type 999 and 100)-- data of 000 is not pulled in bi. the values of 000 period is clubbed in 001 period.

2. Movement Types 100 (Op Bal), 120 (Acquisition), 140 (Retirement) needs to be mapped to F_OP, F_ACQ & F_RET respectively. --Either create a mapping  at BI level while loading data from Ecc or create a conversion file  in BPC while uploading data in BPC

3.Closing Balance needs to be Calculated through OP Bal +- Movements= CL Bal  -- It need to be handled in bpc by creating proper hierarchy

4. Suppose we need to do Quarterly consolidation from September 2016, we need to load the balances for August  (Cumulative Balance with Flow Type 999 and 100) and we need to load Debits and Credits with respective Flows for the month of September.-- Since consolidation is YTD model, you have to do consolidation on YTD basis. So if you want to have quaterly consolidation for september 2016, then you first do consol for YTD sept 2016 and for reportng, select measures as "QUATER"  (ytd sept 2016 less ytd june 2016)

Regards,

Rahul