cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC 10.1 Embedded retraction to ECC

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have BPC 10.1 Embedded and the “How-to” document from SAP for retraction (for BPC 7.5) seems to basically rely on the use of BAdI’s to post data into ERP System from BPC.

What is the equivalent approach for retraction in BPC 10.1 given that BAdI’s don’t seem to be supported in BPC 10.1 Embedded?

There is another old “How-to” that talks about CO-PA Retraction, but even that menu doesn’t seem to exist in SPRO in ECC (EhP8)?

So wanted to ask the experts here – is there any guidance on doing retraction from BPC 10.1 Embedded? We want to post budgets data from BPC (Analysis for Office) into ECC (visible in KP07)

Thanks,

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

federico_blarasin
Active Participant

Hello Saurabh,

I did something similar some years ago (it was still BPC 7.0), when there were not standard retractors available.
We developed a custom planning function (ABAP) that would
  1. Read the Cube/ADSO
  2. Validate the data
  3. Call the remote BAdI in ERP to post it back
This was done after reverse engineering the standard BPS retractor (BPS was one of the BW Planning options at that time) which was operating in a similar way.

Maybe you can think of something similar?

Hi Federico,

Thanks a bunch for your input, that does sound like something that I might need to do as well and yes I do remember BPS that was being used way back in 2007 or so 🙂

Cheers

Saurabh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gregor_dieckmann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Saurabh,

for BPC based on BW/4HANA there is content available, cf.

https://help.sap.com/viewer/06e872f914a44d77b6c692b0273ca400/1.0.10/en-US/716aab12c72547929f631da220...

I don't know whether this also exists for NetWeaver based BPC releases; but the technology used in the above mentioned content are planning functions types that call BADIs from CO to write data.

Regards,

Gregor

0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

Thanks for your inputs.

The planning function (in the link shared by you above) : 0BWCPL_RETRACTION, doesn't seem to exist in our version of SAP BPC (perhaps cause as you mentioned above its for BW/4HANA and our BI_CONT is 757 SP Level 020 ).

I am guessing that perhaps an interim approach could be to possible call a Function Module (from FOX) which could in turn call an RFC enabled FM (BAPI_COSTACTPLN_POSTPRIMCOST) and that should do the trick..(Again the inbuilt documentation says that calling FM's from fox won't be supported in future)

Edit - Can't use BAPI's within Fox or Remote enabled FM's that have Tables, only very simple FM's can be used.

Back to the drawing board 😞

Cheers

Saurabh