cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC 10.0 SP20 : Completing entirely the ownership manager through Excel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BPC experts,

I have a request from a client that he would like to set the whole structure of the ownership manager through Excel only.

In other words, he would open an Excel file and does everything in this file (ownership structure, % PCTRL/POWN). Nothing would be done in the ownership manager itself. The Ownership structure is defined/updated in Excel which will automatically update the Ownership Manager structure as well.

As far as I know, we use an input form to record % PCTRL/POWN in Excel but I do not know if there is a way to define the Ownership Structure by using only Excel.

Do you have any ideas ?

Thank you in advance,

Dat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member225135
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dat,

You can do this by input template.

or you can use standard process chain

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Thank you for your reply.

Although this package allows to run all the calculations done in the Ownership Manager, it does not build the Ownership Structure.

For instance, let's say there are companies A, B and C and two scopes G_CG1 and G_CG2.

I want to put A in the scope G_GCG1 while B and C will be in G_CG2. This must be done in Excel and not in the ownership manager. Is it possible ? (or is there a step I missed in the OWNERSHIPCALC Package ?)

Dat

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just look on the content of the Ownership model...

Vadim

former_member225135
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dat,

I have myself tested your case.

You have to set the parameter (scope & entity) in excel and have to save data from that input template.

In my case, I have only one group. But it should also work with multiple groups

You have to enter the Consolidation Mehtod and POWN % in input template

Once it is done, you can see the data in O'ship Manager

Regards,

Rahul

Answers (0)