Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM transfer order: confirm different batch than proposed by system

rudi_aubermann2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

following scenario: we have a full WM with mixed batch numbers allowed in storage type / bin. We create a transfer order with reference to an outbound delivery of a material which is handled in batches. In standard, the system proposes the batch number to be picked at the time of transfer order creation.

In real life, the bin contains many different batch numbers of the same material. So let's say the user does not want to search the bin for the batch number proposed on the transfer order, but grabs any of the items and would like to confirm the batch number he actually picked.

Now my question: Is there any way to confirm a different batch number than proposed in the transfer order? Or generally, is it possible to create a transfer order without batch number proposed and let the user decide at time of confirmation, which batch number actually was picked?

I have tried function module L_TO_CONFIRM with a batch split, but no success.

Thank you very much for your time.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per your qeury you have to put this query in SD fourm. I think you can get proper solution from there.

Anil

rudi_aubermann2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Anil,

I will give it a try, the thread is continued here: [go to new Thread in SD forum|]

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have a same problem! Have you found any solution for this?

Should be pretty common situation in any company so hoping someone to give some ideas....

rudi_aubermann2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

unfortunately I found no other solution as to change some fields on database level. The positions of a WM-Transfer Order are stored in table LTAP. The batch proposed by the system is found in column CHARG, which has to be changed to the number of the batch picked by the user. The coluns VLQNR and NLQNR contain the Quant-Numbers on the putaway- and target-bin. Quant data ist stored in database table LQUA. Now you can change the VLQNR and NLQNR in LTAP (of course, you have to find the LQUA-entries for the actually picked batch first), or you can update the CHARG columns in the LQUA datarows pointed to by LTAP-VLQNR and LTAP-NLQNR. And you have to "switch back" the other batch (the one proposed by the system).

In addition, there are some other useful (or maybe important) informations stored in LQUA, as Goods Receipt data or timestamps of recent WM movements, so one must really be careful with these database changes.Another complication: the actually picked batch is already in use on a different Transfer Order. In this case you have also to update the LTAP for this TO-entry, and make additional changes to LQUA.

It was really hard work to get this going, and I know that this approach is not "fine art". As you, I also thought this would be a common requirement in other companies, but after spending many hours of browsing the web and trying out, this was the only way to do it. Please let me know, if you are interested in more details - or maybe find a better solution?

Regards,

Rudi