Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is system period.

harishaginati
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi guys,

i am trying to select data from BSIS table and before doing that i need to validate a condition.

condition: if system period = posting period/year. can you guys explain me what's system period i have to use.

cheers,

harish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

harishaginati
Explorer
0 Kudos

thx solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

system period : Month on Which Accounting Document Was Entered. Specifies the month on which the accounting document is entered.

The posting date can differ from the entry date (date of entry in the system) and the document date.

system date is the actual time/date/period/year when a transaction taken place in the sysrem.

System date = Entry Date.

Pls apply the concept to sys period.

regards

S

harishaginati
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

i am wondering from where do i take 'system period' is this just month of sy-datum(current system date/month). please let me know.

if this is true 'current month of system' when i compare with posting period...! but posting period is not just from 1-12(it also may be from 1-14 if they take 1 posting period = 4 weeks)... can you please clarify

if this is not sy-datum can you please let me know from which table field i can retreve this.

Cheers and thx for u'r time

Harish

Message was edited by:

Harish AGINATI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

If System period is the same as sy-datum that means the posting date of your document is the present date. That might not be what you are looking at doing!

If you are looking at BSIS table there is a field called BUDAT - Posting Date in the Document.

Is that what you are talking about?

Hope it helps,

Thanks

Janani

award points if helpful

harishaginati
Explorer
0 Kudos

thx problem solved

Message was edited by:

Harish AGINATI