cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

want invoice currency different in vendor A/c

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any procedure if I need to pay the vendor in USD currency and my currency is in INR?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, its possible if you have maintained the currency conversion between INR and USD. when entering the Invocie before selecting the PO first select the currency as USD.

or

If you have activate material ledger and USD is your group currency. you can directly switch between USD and INR in simulation mode.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u tell me the detailed configuration of it . pls help

tejyadav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Please check whether Currency codes and Exchange rate are maintained or not

You will find it in

SPRO => SAP Net Weaver => General settings => Currencies => All the tabs from Curency codes to Exchange rates

also you need to Check whether for Controlling area the Cross Company code Currency is being maintained and the Currency Type "20" for Controlling area Currency is Set perfectly.

You will Find in

SPRO => Enterprise Structure => Defination => Controlling => Maintain Controlling Area => Maintain Controlling Area.

if its all done then there wont be any problem in paying the vendor in USD currency.

Refer below link for more clarification,

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPSCM/MM-IV-GF-CUR+Currency

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry, still i am facing the problem in the exchange Rate frm netweaver. bt i have done the controlling section.

in NetWeaver i went to check exchange Rate type here i give " inr to usd and ration 48 to 1" its showing i nedd to maintain ratio 1 :10 basis. pls help me in detailed way so that i can post invoice in usd for a particular vendor.

tejyadav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, For INR to USD maintain ratio as 1:1 in SAP NetWeaver settings & I think it is standard available from SAP & no need to change, In OB08 maintain the exact exchange rate of INR to USD for "Exchange Rate Type" 'M'..

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have done the configuration bt where frm i need to change the currency frm inr to usd. my PO is in inr

tejyadav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to MIRO enter Invoice date & Currency as 'USD' & press enter, after pressing enter only enter your PO No.& start your process, Now you will see that currency becomes grey out with 'USD',

You can process now in normal way with USD currency values, which is converted based on the exchange rate, you can check the applicable exchange rate in the same screen in 'Details' tab at header.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes i did what u said bt in miro i get both in USD. in PO should i change exchange rate frm inr to USD

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes i did what u said bt in miro i get both in USD. in PO should i change exchange rate frm inr to USD

tejyadav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>> bt in miro i get both in USD. in PO should i change exchange rate frm inr to USD>>

What do you mean by both?

Former Member
0 Kudos

actually at the time of simulation i do see that kbs and wrx both in USD not as wrx in INR and kbs in USD

in PO when i am changing exchange rate type to USD frm INR i get error " Maintain conversion factors for USD / INR (currency type M)"

Edited by: Avi_sap123 on Jan 13, 2012 9:58 AM

tejyadav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At a time you can process MIRO with one currency only not multiples, so it will be either USD or INR, if you want to see other currency one thing you can do is when you stimulate then there is a tab at bottom of screen "Display Currency" there you can see your values in both currency for comparison & post your document,

But as per your requirement KBS showing one & WRX showing other currency in same screen is not possible.

tejyadav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>> " Maintain conversion factors for USD / INR (currency type M)"

Maintain the conversion ratio for Exc. rate type 'M' for INR to USD in OB08 Trxn.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for ur help i understand now one thing u pls tell me that should i change exchange rate type to USD frm INR at the time of PO. Actually i tried to do that bt i am getting errorr " Maintain conversion factors for USD / INR (currency type M)"

so pls help me on this too

tejyadav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, In OB08 Maintain 'Indir. quot' as (e.g. 50.0000) From INR to USD, also put proper Valid from dates,

also if needed maintain 'Dir. quot' as (e.g. 50.0000) From USD to INR, also put proper Valid from dates.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks, i have made that entry bt still facing the same problem maintain currency conversion for ext type M.where i have made the mistake. and one thing pls tell me should i change PO header exchange rate type in USD frm INR which is my local currency.

pls help me.

tejyadav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, No i don't think you need to change the currency in PO, have you maintained both dir. & Indir. quot. as mentioned above,

Also check in T-code OBBS for the ratio & Validity dates maintained for INR to USD as well as USD to INR,

Check the "valid from" date to ensure it is not after the currency conversion date.

Also check in OB07, against the Ex. rate type 'M', if any thing is maintained there, normally there all fields are kept blank if there is no special requirement.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can make payment in any other currency even if your currency is INR.

In the vendor master you can give order currency. The system automcatically calculates the exchange rates defined by FI.

Also the exchange rate can be fixed while ordering in the delivery/invoice tab in the header of the PO.