cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vendor evaluation without weighting key(ME6E)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone explain me how the system is selecting the vendors without weighting key - transaction code ME6E.

In my case when i use this tranasction, Message "Weighting key mainatined for all selected vendors" appaers even though i haven't maintained weighting key for all the vendors.

Even i created new vendors and tried again, I am getting the same message .

Can anybody help me out.

Points rewarded for helpful answers.

Thanks in davnace

venkatesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Here some explanation on this querry.

In background processing, you usually evaluate vendors belonging to the same group (that is, vendors who have the same weighting key). However, it is possible that you have selected an interval that contains different groups of vendors. For this reason, you have not entered a weighting key.

To ensure that the scores are calculated correctly, you must therefore subsequently maintain the weighting key for such evaluation records at certain intervals of time.

The evaluation records in question can be determined using the analysis report Vendors Without Weighting Keys.

This function can be found in the purchasing menu under Master data -> Vendor Evaluation-> Follow-on functions -> Vendors without weighting key

From this report you can branch directly into the screens for maintaining evaluations.

<b>Displaying Vendors Without a Weighting Key</b>

This report lists all the vendors whose weighting key has not been maintained (because their evaluations for automatic and semi-automatic subcriteria were generated in the background, for example).

Since the weighting key is required by the system to compute the scores correctly, you must maintain it subsequently.

You can use this report to list the relevant evaluation records and then branch direct to vendor evaluation maintenance.

Regards

Ramakrishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishna,

Thanks for your quick response,

Actually my problem is in ME6E(Quality server) list of vendors without weighting key is not displayed. when i use this tranasction, message "weighting key maintained for all selected vendors" appears.

In Dev server it is getting displayed.

can you please tell me where the problem is?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You would not normallyhave to run this unless you have generated the criteria and sub criteria in the background and this is very rare.

So you do not use this program to generate evaluation data for your normal vendor evaluation reports.

the standard SAP help for this function states

This report lists all the vendors whose weighting key has not been maintained (because their evaluations for automatic and semi-automatic subcriteria were generated in the background, for example).

So I don't think that you need to use this function, what were you trying to do?

Steve B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

I want a report of vendors for whom weighting key has not been maintained.

In Dev.server it is displaying the list of vendors for whom weighting key has not been maintained. But in case of Quality server it is giving the message "Weighting key maintained for all selected vendors".

Help me out.

Regards

venkatesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It sounds like the background job has not been run in this system and so all weighting keys have been manually maintained. That is why there is nothing for the program to update?

Steve B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your reply. Actually i am on leave , that's why i am not able to reply immediately.

As per your view, Weighting keys are manually maintained, But i am not maintaining any weighting keys maually. Even i created a new vendor and tried, i am getting the same message "Weighting Key maintained for all selected vendors."

Please help me out.

Regards

Venkatesh.