cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor Account Group Search Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello MM Experts,

We would like to search Vendors by Account Group. Surprisingly it appears that SAP has not provided a standard Search Help for this. I would think that a lot of SAP users would want this.

Does anyone know why SAP has not provided this search help in the standard system?

Would it be ok to go ahead and create one ourselves?

Can someone please give me some pointers on how to proceed with creation of this search help?

Thanks!

Anisha.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can do it transaction OMSI, investigate the existing ones.

alternative you can use SE11 for match code KRED

Here is the link to the docu:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/EN/cf/21ee38446011d189700000e8322d00/frameset.htm

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member

Hi Anisha

search Vendors by Account Group

Please try *T code MKVZ and give the Account Group

This could be of help

thanks and Regards

Vikrant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Quite surprising....

I am able to find "vendors by account group" in my vendor search help.

Please check again. Mine is not custom one.

Sk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SK,

Can you please tell me which transaction/screen you are looking at?

Also, if you do F1 and technical info on the vendor field what is the table and field name, and search help name?

Thanks,

Anisha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to any vendor field, press for selection (F4)......you get many search options there.

One of those search option is vendor by account group.

You can also do it thru LFA1 table.

Sk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SK,

For some reason my system does not provide a 'search by account group' matchcode on any of the vendor fields in the system. It is strange that your system has it and ours does not. We are on ECC6.

If you could find out the technical name of the seach help for 'vendors by account group' and let me know, I would appreciate that.

Thanks,

Anisha.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there is no such search help in ECC6 or 46c systems, I just checked in 4 different SAP systems.

I am uncertain, but I think I saw such search help in the past too. Maybe it was with 3.1i system, or just a customized one.

It really does not take more than 2 minutes to realize such a search help in OMSI