Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

validity Date of the Condition Record

kathrine_dave
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have to understand how system checks the validity of the condition record for the POs created before the condition record. For example, PO created on 1st Sept-2014 and Condition record (in MEK1) is created on 1st Oct, 2014 and PO pricing needs to be updated on 1st Oct. what is correct system behavior?

I am facing the issue that system does not determine the condition record during change in ME22N for POs which were created before condition record validity date.

Regards,

Hina

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may activate the pricing date field for the relevant screen layouts including (AKTH and AKTV ) in the path: OLME - Purchase Order - Define Screen Layout at Document Level.  You can find the fields under the field selection group "Quantity and Price" as shown below:

Now, go to ME22N and go to item level - condition control tab. Here, you can maintain the pricing date is required date (1st Oct in your case). Now, go to conditions tab and update the pricing again. The pricing will be re-determined based on the pricing date mentioned in the condition control tab.

Test the scenario and revert back.

Regards,

AKPT

kathrine_dave
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi AKPT,

I have updated the Price Date field for (AKTH and AKTV ) already but I do not see these fields on my PO screen.

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check all the relevant screen layouts and ensure that the field is maintained as optional field in all of these layouts.

Also refer the thread:

Regards,

AKPT

kathrine_dave
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi AKPT,

The pricing date will be applicable on all the conditions in condition tab, right? I only want to update for one condition type. what will happen in this case if my PO has some other condition also?

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The pricing date will be applicable for all the conditions in the pricing. You can not give a different price determination date for a particular condition type and it doesnt seem to be logical as well. If you need a different price determination date for a particular condition type only, then you may go for development with appropriate logic.

Regards,

AKPT

kathrine_dave
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks AKPT. your answers resolved my issue.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To update the price in ME22N, you need to click on update in the condition tab.

After maintain the new condition record, click as below:

Here system will search for the valid condition record and update the price accordingly.. It will depend on your PO date, only these condition record will be fetched which is valid on this date.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And one thing, it doesn't matter when you create the condition record.

System will check the condition record validity.

Suppose your PO created on 01.09.2014 and you created the condition record on 01.10.2014 but you condition record has validity from 01.09.2014 to 31.12.2014.

Then if you will press the update - Carry out new pricing, then system will update the price from this condition record.

kathrine_dave
Participant
0 Kudos

this is the issue actually. Its not updating even if click on the update button in case condition record validity is after PO creation date.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How can system will allow to fetch the condition record which is not valid on this date ?

It is standard behavior.. Prior for the validity of condition record is the PO date.

System will only fetch these condition records which is valid for the PO date.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to MEK2 enter your validity start & validity end Period. The Price will be picking based on your validity. You can change your validity period from Oct 1st and change your price. And save your condition record.

If you are not getting price in ME22n delete PB00 condition type and add it again.

Regards

Subbu.

kathrine_dave
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shbbu,

Thanks. I know that changing the validity date of condition record will help but in my scenario i cannot change the validity date. Will it not work if the validity of condition record is after PO date? Is it standard system behavior?

poovancheerirajendra
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, It is the std behavior.Condition record Validity should  prior to PO date. We can do change in condition validity start date and update the PO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its Standard behavior, It will fetch condition record based on validity period which you have maintained in MEK1.

If you have maintained condition record for September & you have created PO in October you cannot expect the system to pick condition record. Either you have to change your validity period in MEK2. or you have to change your purchase order document date.

Regards

Subbu.

kathrine_dave
Participant
0 Kudos

subbu, I believe you have to read my question again . I know PO was created before condition record but after creating the condition record I am updating the pricing and system should pick up the latest price.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its not possible in the standard SAP system. You have to enter price manually or you need to click update in PO conditions tab and click B carry out new pricing.

Regards

Subbu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

system will not update condition record if your PO not with in condition validity period please make sure your PO date should be with condition record validity date. you may check condition validity in VK13.

kathrine_dave
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh,

Thanks for reply but as I mentioned I am creating condition record in MEK1 (for MM) not in VK13 (for SD). And I know that changing the validity of the condition record before PO date will work but just want to confirm if this is standard behavior.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

yes sorry i forgot this is for SD.. you may check in XK13 MM condition.