cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using java or C# for bespoke development in SAP B1.

former_member675796
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am working with SAP Business One 9.3 on a SQL Server box. The installation currently includes the supported Add-Ons SAP Business One Usability Package and also SAP Business One Business Process Automation.

My question is this: Is there any way I can add to or modify these add-ons using C# or Java (I have had professional training in C# and did java a lot at university, and I am wondering if these skills are relevant in this context).

I have already modified SAP B1 UP slightly (the dashboards) by changing the SQL queries around a bit. I'm just wondering if C# or Java skills would add some more customisability on this installation?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

PierreBrothier
Contributor

Hi Alex,

I know that you can write code in B1Up with universal function (Dynamic code .Net SDK).

You could build you own software in multiple ways :

• addon that runs with b1
  • external software that communicate through DI API or Service Layer
  • XS application in SAPUI5 (in hana version)
  • lazy coupled solution with Sap Cloud Platfor

But you can't modify / alter B1Up addon structure or behaviour .

About the MRP, i guess it's not possible to modify or adapt by code. You'll have to build you own solution.

brendanbell
Explorer

Hey Alex,

Do you have any advice on modifying SAP B1 UP (by Boyum IT) using C#
Sorry no, havent used their modules / addons

C# to customise the Material Requirements Planning module
I havent done any work on this part of SAP. Mostly around sales order item master and console applications to load in invoices, sales orders from other platforms.

FYI:
If you have access to your B1_Share, there should be a folder which contains the SDK files, these can be installed onto your local machine. There are C# and VB example applications. Though they are fairly old and I dont believe include examples of using the service layer.

For Service Layer, there is a github page with some basic examples:
https://github.com/SAP/SAP-Business-One-Service-Layer-SDK

Regards
Brendan

brendanbell
Explorer

Hi,

I have done quite a bit of development in C# with SAP SDK. You can develop forms or just about anything. Also you can leverage the Service layer, which I dont believe is available in 9.3x. Its new to 10x for SQL Server. So depending on your version you have some options.
I did this quite some time back. But just as an example

https://bitbucket.org/brendanbell/sap-business-one-item-attachment-loading/src/master/

former_member675796
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks very much for this Brendan.

I will look into the possibility of upgrading to v.10.x.

Do you have any advice on modifying SAP B1 UP (by Boyum IT) using C#, or even using C# to customise the Material Requirements Planning module?

Again, thanks in advance.

Alex

former_member675796
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pierre!

Thanks so much for the helpful clarification 🙂

Alex

former_member675796
Participant
0 Kudos

Also, it's worth mentioning we are about to begin using MRP (Material Requirements Planning). Is there any extra customisability provided by delving into bespoke add-ons in java or C#?

Thanks.

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

When you have follow up questions or new pertinent information, please use the "Add a comment" link below the relevant answer. When you post an answer yourself, this forum does not send notifications to other participants of this fact.

Regards,

Johan

former_member675796
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

Noted!

Thanks,

Alex