Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unpaid Break Hours Deduction on Off Day

hn1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a scenario where the client has assigned a daily work schedule to an employee in which :

1) Planned working hours are 0 (a free day in a week for an employee)

2) A half hour unpaid break is assigned to the DWS which employee can take after 6 hours of work (in case the employee works on that day)

When time evaluation is run these break hours are being deducted for one employee and for other employee no break hours are deducted.

Can anyone please tell me why this could be happening for one employee and not for the other?

Thanks

hn1
Participant
0 Kudos

The employee for whom the unpaid break hours are deducted did not work on that free day (no time-in/out or working hours recorded) while the other employee worked on his free day and unpaid break hours were not deducted.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hrmanagerde
Active Participant

To your questions: 1) the way you described - adding break time with a negative sign to 0000 and 0001 in a PCR - is most certainly non-standard. The default for status 9 is schema TM01 - but in time evaluation every customer usually has a highly modified schema so there is not much default. 2) That sounds pretty much the same like case 1. Without having the full picture it is hard to say what is correct or not. If you don't want the break to be deducted if the planned hours are 0 I recommend to check that with a condition like HRS=S, if the deduction only should take place when the employee is present you could use VARSTPRSNT.

hn1
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the clue Armin. I'm waiting on more information from the user then I will add the condition in the PCR and test it. There are two sets of employees. Ones with time status 9 and others with 1(Time evaluation of actual times) and same schema is being used for both i.e. TM00. From what I know TM04 can be used for both 9 and 1 but not TM00 correct me if I'm wrong.

About that PCR yes you are right it is a non-standard rule.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

hrmanagerde
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi H-, without seeing the protocol it is hard to say why this happens. Somewhere around the functions PBRKS and DYNBR I guess.

BR

Armin

hn1
Participant
0 Kudos

Is there any information in particular that you would require regarding the issue? I can tell you the details if you can tell me what kind of information would help.

hrmanagerde
Active Participant

I can tell you how I would tackle this issue: run RPTIME00 with protocol for the employee and the day for which the break gets generated. Find the TIP pair with ID (time identifier) '04' to '09' - the breaks - and find the PCR or function that generates it, so TIP before without break time pair and TIP with break time pair after. Then you can see what is happening.

hn1
Participant
0 Kudos

Okay. Thanks for the tip. I will check and see.

hn1
Participant
0 Kudos

So I have found that there is a rule that is taking break hours of the DWS with planned hours = 0 adding them to a time type and then adding them to utility time type 0000 and 0001 with a negative sign. When the time evaluation runs 0.5 hours break appears with a negative sign in time statement form.

Here I want to know that

1)If an unpaid break is assigned to a DWS then will that unpaid break time be deducted from total productive time?

2)If unpaid break is defined such that it can be taken after 6 hours then what will be the treatment of that break if employee's planned hours are (a) less than 6 and (b) more than 6.

3) What if a person doesn't take break even after 6 hours of work and work for 9 hours. How will the system identify break time?

Thanks!

hrmanagerde
Active Participant

It sounds like that in your case the break time is calculated only and not generated as a time pair. If you assign breaks to a DWS you have 2 options in T550P:

- A break within a certain time frame - e.g. start 12:00 end 14:00 0.5 unpaid. In this case a time pair is generated by TIMTP with ID 'break' for the time frame 12:00 - 14:00 and PBRKS calculates the "real" break time considering e.g breaks that where clocked out before that time frame or absences etc.

- A dynamic break after X hours. Here you need to set the reference time with DYNBR before TIMTP. So if the employee clocks in at 6:30 and you set it to first clock-in and the break is after 6 hours the system will generate a time pair for the break at 12:30.

To your questions:

1.) Break times per default are not added to productive hours like time type 0050

2.) If the setup for a dynamic break is like I described it above if the employee works less than 6 hours no break will be generated

3.) All the breaks are minimum breaks the employee has to take. With function PBRKS you can do some fine tuning.

Good luck!

hn1
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the detailed reply Armin. It surely helped.

The break is defined with no specific start and end time i.e. 00:00 for both start and end times with 6 in the After column so that is a dynamic break. In that case

1) If the day where DWS has planned hours = 0, 0.5 hour unpaid break and there is no clock-in or clock-out (off day for the employee) then what would be the default system behavior for this unpaid break ? (given that employee's time management status is 9 evaluation of planned times)

2) For the same case there is a DWS where the day has 6 planned hours and 0.5 hour unpaid break, when I ran the time evaluation and checked the results the 0.5 hour break time was deducted from utility time type and instead of 6 hours it showed 5.5 hours in TType 0000. Can you explain the utility time type behavior in this case?

Thanks!