cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thrid Party PR and PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scenario:

#1 Sales order is created with item category equivalent to third party (This creates a PR internally)

#2 Referencing this PR, PO line item is created (No goods receipt is done with respect to this PO)

#3 PO line item is deleted for business reason

#4 Somehow (user has now deleted the PR line item corresponding to this PO line item - This generally does not happen as account assigned PR can only deleted through sales order)

#5 Now, if i try to delete Sales order line item, getting a message 'Line item can not be deleted because of subsequent document (referencing PO number).

I have to delete this sales order line item; How should i proceed. Kindly help.

Regards

RJS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you marked the line item in PO (for deletion)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, PO line item is marked for deletion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Check the PR line item 'status' tab if any other POs created with ref to this PR which is in undeleted status.

2.Also delete the scheduled line qty if any against the Sale order.

reg.

Mariappan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

When you try to delete delete sales order item system will rightfully restrict you by saying subsequent document exist now what you have to do is this.

Go to the VA02 ->select line item ->item details ->schedule line

Delete the schedule line ->Save

Now similarly Add another schedule line system will create New PR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Deletion of schedule line quantity is not giving any results - Able to delete the schedule line but SO line item can not be deleted (Because of the subsequent document PO)

Regards

RJS

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sales order items are usually rejected instead of deleted.

Does rejection give the same error?

former_member221541
Contributor
0 Kudos

i think you can not delete SO line because you have PO number (subsequent document) stored in database (though it is deleted) but it is still attached to SO...so only option i see here is to put rejection reason against SO line

yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ ~Jurgen - You mean to say, assign reason for rejection and try to delete the SO line item ? Please clarify

tejyadav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you have to reject it instead of deleting by T-code VA02, select the line item and give reason for rejection and save the document. Reason for this is because the sales order and line number have already been captured in the document flow and has the reference field on the subsequent document. Check tables VBAP & VBAK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This error is popped up when ordered quantity in the respective purchase requisition not zero. When you delete a PO item then the ordered qty in respectie PR item must become zero . Pls check whether it is zero or not , this is a SAP bug.

SAP has provided a correction program RM06HL04 for this kind of issues . By running this program ordered qty in PR will get correctly updated in data base.

Edited by: VSUdagi on Feb 15, 2012 2:39 PM

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check whather there exixts multiple POs with referencing to the PR or sale orders.For this you can use ME2K reports or ant table EKPO.

Firsr delete the Pos created for the sale order/PO .

Then delete the PR created

Then delete the sale order line item .

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think there is something in PO. Please check PO History as well though as per me there should not be anything. Else you can put a rejection reason if this solves your issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For this particular PO line item, there is no GR done; so no purchase order history

Regards

RJS