Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Work Area Override using IT2002

jesu_ponraj
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

for the above issue, based on my research the closest thing I came across is SAP note 643595

Below is the expert from the note.  My question to forum is has anyone implemented Work Area Override using attendance?   Can you please provide me more details on the below note?  I really appreciate your help.  Thanks!

The Work Tax Area Override will be revised to look for the new technical wage type /5U5 in the B2 cluster table ZL.
If it finds the wage type, the Override will use it to determine the actual hours worked.
If it does not find it, then it will calculate the hours as originally designed.

The wage type will be stored in the B2 cluster table ZL on a day-by-day basis; it will store ALP split indicators that point to the Work Tax Area entered in one of the time management infotypes. It will also be stored in the RU cluster table RT on a WPBP period basis, again with ALP split indicators.

The two time management rules are UTA0 and UTA1.
The rule UTA1 is called by the rule UTA0; the rule UTA0 will need to be called in your relevant time management schema.
For example, for those customers who run payroll but not time evaluation, the relevant standard schema is TC00, and the new schema would look something like the following.  (Note the new call to the function RTIP subsequent to the call to POVT.)

The third new rule is U009; it eliminates the employee subgroup grouping for the wage type /5U5 and stores it in the table RT. It would be used in the place of international rule X009. The wage type is configured to be deleted from RT by the processing of the rule X023 if the rule U009 is not called.
The fourth new rule is UREM; it checks the processing class 86 of each wage type in IT and adds the number to number field of the wage type /5U5. This is necessary since Infotype 2010 is not processed using time evaluation, so some mechanism is required to account in /5U5 all entries in the infotype.
The relevant standard subschema is UT00; the amended subschema is given below. Note the replacement of the standard time schema TC00 with the customized schema &C00 (given above). Note also that PIT executes the new rule U009 instead of the standard X009.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member235056
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jesu,

We use Work tax area override using IT2010.

Let me know if you need more information on same.

Thanks,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi Jesu,

Kindly check below helpful links:

http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-hr/dynamic-actions-how-to-delimit-it-208-wo...

http://scn.sap.com/message/8484380#8484380

Also check the below link: (it's a good clarification for tax calculation based on tax area change for the income earned during a specified period of time) for TAX: Change in tax area causing over-taxation

http://www.stechno.net/sap-notes.html?view=sapnote&id=745076

0 Kudos

Jesu

Can you more specific about your actual requirement or an issue that you have

jesu_ponraj
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh, here is the details from help.sap.com (our requirement is same as highlighted in the below link)

Within the Time Management Infotypes under Different payment you can choose to override an employee's work tax area (defined on Infotype 0208) when entering data for work schedule changes. If an employee spends a period of time away from his or her primary worksite, then you can override the primary work tax area with the appropriate offsite work tax area for the current period. This ensures that funds are withheld for the appropriate tax authorities when payroll is run.

The residence tax area, defined on Infotype 0207, defaults as the work tax area if an alternate is not defined on Infotype 0208 for the employee. In this case, the residence tax area would be overridden with the tax area entered on the Time Management infotype.

Example

John Smith, an employee of ACME Bookbinding in Newark, New Jersey, is sent on a two-day assignment to Lancaster, Pennsylvania. As a result, John must pay Pennsylvania state taxes on funds earned during this period. When entering the details of John's business trip on Infotype 2002, the administrator provides the relevant work tax area for Lancaster, Pennsylvania. When ACME runs its weekly payroll, the system uses the work tax areas provided on Infotypes 2002 and 0208 to prorate the withholding so that the appropriate taxes are withheld for New Jersey and Pennsylvania.

jesu_ponraj
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

any suggestion/input on the above question? Will really appreciate any help on this regard!

--Jesu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jesu - Were you ever able to get the Work Tax Override working using IT2002?

jesu_ponraj
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Diane,

Yes, I was able to make it work. If i remember correctly, we had to override attendance for the whole

pay period. 

Ex. For weekly payroll - If employee residence/work state is CA, and travels to WA for two days (say Thu, Fri), IT2002 data will look like below

Mon - Work Sate CA - 8 Hours

Tue - Work Sate CA - 8 Hours

Wed - Work Sate CA - 8 Hours

Thu - Work Sate WA - 8 Hours

Fri -   Work Sate WA - 8 Hours

That way BSI will know that out of 40 hours, 16 hours belongs to WA and no state tax to be calculate.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Jesu.

Did you make changes to your Time Evaluation Schema to get this to work?

jesu_ponraj
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Diane,

I don't think we need update time evaluation schema. 

However, we have to make sure we are passing the right hours to BSI.  I think it was /5UT WT with worked hours passed to BSI. So we should have the right break up for each state employee worked for that pay period.

Thanks!