cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Procedures and MM pricing procedures

former_member443713
Participant
0 Kudos

Currently when creating a PO under the invoice tab you can input the Tax code and jurisdiction code.

The tax code I am using is set up for a Canadian Tax procedure (TAXCAJ).

The procedure is calling two tax condition types JC1E (GST) and JC1I (PST). They are both condition class D and they are the same accross other statistics but they differ in condition category. JC1E is condition category 1 and JC1I is condition category 2.

JCIE uses account determination VST while JC1I uses NVV. JC1E needs to be posted to a seperate account as it is partially recoverable.

The real underlying issue here is that tax condition type JC1I comes accross to teh MM condition tab under NAVS but JC1E does not. I need the value from JC1E to come over to the conditions tab as my PO print is driven by this.

Any ideas how to get tax condition type JC1E (or its value) over to the conditions tab. I can make JC1E come over with JC1I but i need JC1E seperate. If you need clarification or more information just let me know.

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

NAVS condition collects the non-deductible portion of the Tax Code and hence only showing JC1I which is a non-deductible condition type. The logic behind this is non-deductible tax is part of cost, so for updating the stock account at the time of GR with base value + discounts and other pricing conditions + non-deductible tax, NAVS condition type is being used in PO pricing procedure. JC1E is a deductible type tax and as not being a part of cost it is not updated in NAVS and hence the stock account at the time of GR.

If you want all the tax amounts for PO printing purpose, use JEXS condition type and insert this at the last of the pricing procedure with statistical indicator. Modify your print program to print value against JEXS instead of NAVS.

regards,

mallik

former_member443713
Participant
0 Kudos

I am looking in the config and I think JC1E is listed as a deductible tax. I see that is assigned to process VST (input tax) and when I look at process VST it is listed as non-deductible, posting indicator = seperate line item. Is it the seperate line item setting that is causing the issue? It has to be a seperate line item because it is not hitting the same account as the PO line item.

I found that I can bring over the JC1E and JC1I under condition type JEXS together but there is no way to make them seperate without modifying the print program then?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes because of seperate line item indicator JC1E value is not coming into NAVS.

For printing of taxes there is no standard program, you have to change your print program as per the requirement.

regards,

Mallik