cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock removal indicator in Materila master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert's,

How to create a Stock removal indicator in Materila master which will search all the storage types in the warehouse ?

Where we need to create such indicators ? Is it possible ?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

The stock removal and stock placement indicators in WM1 view are defined in spro

IMG->LE->WM->Master data->Material-> Define storage type indicators.

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

My requirement is as below:

We have multiple Stock Putaway Indicator say ABC,BCD,CDE etc.

And for the same i want a single Stock removal Indicator XYZ who will search all storage types in WH.So is there any to achieve this ?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

You define the storage type indicator as 'XYZ' in the above path, then assign this indicator in the stock removal field in WM1 view as well as in search sequence for storage type with operation is equal to stock removal (A), it should work.

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

Is your issue got resolved or do you need any more help.

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

Can we store thousand material in Open storage type ?

Also we can use FIFO Putaway strategy for this open storage type ?

Which stock removal strategy fits this scenario ?

I have doubt that FIFO putaway strategy won't work in this scenario !

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

I am not sure which scenario you are talking about but one thing is that you can use this storage type indicator for both stock placement and stock removal strategies irrespective of the strategy type. It is just an additional parameter added to the material master to make the storage type  search more specific during the TR/TO creation.

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

Thank you for the suggestion .

Can you help me out for the below scenario :

There are around 1000+ materials which we are supposed to be placed in Open storage type.

Can we used Fixed bin putaway/removal strategy for open storage type ?

Will there be any violation in process using Fixed Bin putaway/removal strategy for open storage 

type ?

Can this scenario work out ?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

Generally if there is a open storage type it is recommended to use open storage strategy in which there is only one bin and one storage section. If you wanted to store different materials in open storage strategy you need to allow mixed storage in storage type master data.

You can still use fixed bin putaway/removal strategy for open storage type for different materials by allowing mixed storage indicator in storage type master data, but it is not meaningful becuase physically you will have only one storage bin and section and in the system it will allow you to  create more than one bin.

Regards

Vijay

Answers (0)