Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status change on WBS element to stop additional usage

manish_patel3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

we recently went like with MRO process with Capital maintenance work order, which eventually settles to WBS elements in project system.

Process is

1. at plant, if maintenance required for any project, technical opens Capital work order with settlement going to WBS element.

2. Technician loggs his Labor hours and post Goods Issue and other posting to perform the maintenance.

3. Daily we settle the work order to WBS element.

4. if the Order was opened and maintenance job is completed within few days, project manger will let Capital finance team to close the project (WBS element)

5. Capital Finance can not close the WBS element, since there are still Order revaluation job that run at month end close time and posts the additional cost, which needs to be settled to WBS element, so WBS element can not be closed until month end close is done and all costs are settled.

6. so if we decide to close the project (WBS element) in middle of the month, we wont be able to close, but at the same time how do we prevent technician to re use the same WBS element to  a different order? since sometimes technician keep using the WBS element that they are not supposed to.

so I want to know if there is any status on WBS element that can be leveraged to stop people using it as an cost object assignment for settlement rule but at the same time we want to allow Order revaluation posting?

Is there something in MRO that can be leverage to turn on and stop the misuse of WBS element?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

manish_patel3
Participant
0 Kudos

Glauser

Thanks for your help, I got it working with "Settlement account assignment" from user status.

Thank you very very much for your help

Manish

manish_patel3
Participant
0 Kudos

Rodrigo

I created the user status as below, but it is still not blocking further usage of Account Assignment, is there anything else I  need to pick to block the further account assignment from user status?

I had used AALK in system status, which blocked the further usage of project in account assignment but it also stooped the settlement, which I dont want

I will appreciate any help that you can provide.

All i want is change the Project status in a way that it stops further usage

thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

I've created a small test scenario.

1 - Created a new status NAA (like yours). In this case I check FI Postings as forbidden.

2 - Then, I assigned the User Status Profile to the Project and set User Status NAA in WBS P239-01

3 - To test if the business transaction not allowance was working, I just tried to post a FI document. As you can see the system checked the user status definition of WBS and raised na error.

I suggest you to check the user status business transactions. You have to test each one what fits your requirement,

Regards,

Glauser

manish_patel3
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Glauser, I will let you know how it goes.

Your inputs are much appreciated.

Manish

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Have you tried the TECO status for WBS?  I cannot test it myself right now, but it might be an option.

Also check AALK status, Lock Account Assignment for WBS.

Also to simplify the process consider monthly settlements and not daily settlements.  I would not see any requirement for daily settlements (that will generate too many line items), since all costs are still visible in PS info system.

Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Yes, you can use PS User ststus to control what kind of business transaction you allow at a certain point of time. Business transactions are: FI Postings, Revaluations, Settlement, etc.. You can, dependind the user status set to allow Revaluation and settlement but not accept FI Primary Postings, for example.

Other alternative, should be change the business transaction of a system status in BS22 (for exemple, change TECO status not to accept FI Postings).

Regards,

Rodrigo Glasuer

manish_patel3
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Rodrigo

where do I find the user status, is it at Project level or WBS element level?

0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

The user status allows you to manage business transactions by WBS element. To setup you have to perform at least the following activities:

1 - Create a Status Profile in SPRO

2 - Assign to the Project header data (control data)

3 - You will see the User Status, and will be able to change it clicking on ! Icon.

4 - Change anytime to the desired status. When you do this, the WBS element will be affected in the way that only the business transactions you setup for the user status will be allowed,

Regards,

Rodrigo Glauser

manish_patel3
Participant
0 Kudos

Rodrigo

I changed the status to AALK (Account assignment locked), so it prevented creating further order with specific WBS element, but at the same time if I have dollars left on the order and i try to settle it, it prevents that as well, means I wont be able to settle the revalued dollars at the month end close time.

P.S we had to turn on the daily settlement due to business demand, else it was monthly only

I will play around with status thing let you know about my outcome.

Thanks for your help.