cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL installation on windows 7 64 bit OS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to install MS SQL server 2005 standard edition on windows 7 OS(64 bit OS).

How can i do that as there is no link available for downloading the evaluation version of SQL server 2005.

The reason behind installing only sql server 2005 is that i am having my backup of SBO database in SQL 2005 only.

And i need to restore this databse on my customer's machine whose configuration i have specified above.

Please do suggest.

Regards.

ShriX.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mario_schoenberg
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ShriX,

That's the disadvantage when relaying as a partner on evaluation versions. You might only have the possibility to try bying an MSSQL Server 2005 license. I am not sure if this is still possible.

If not, then you might have to convice your customer upgrading to MSSQL 2008. If he has bought MSSQL Server from SAP, just follow note 928839. In this case you could for now download a MSSQL 2008 evaluation copy, but for the long term I'd recommend to have bought same version of MSSQL Server as your client(s).

BTW: There is no problem restoring a 2005 backup (standard edition) on MSSQL 2008 Server Standard Edition

Regards

Mario