cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settling plan values from Order to Contract

ravichandran_iyer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm creating a Service Order against a Service Contract. This service order does not have any revenue, but only costs. When I create the order, I enter the components and other costs required. This is considered as planned costs. Later, I book actuals and then settle the same to Contract.

When I settle, only the actual costs are moved to the contract. Plan costs show zero. So if I run KKAC or S_ALR_87013104 reports, the planned costs column shows zero in the settled items.

How to get the planned costs to settle to the contract?

Ravi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Planned cost should be settled too.

ravichandran_iyer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. I know planned costs should be settled, but my issue is I'm not seeing the planned cost in the settled costs column. The planned costs in the settled costs area is showing zero.

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am facing a similar issue.

We have a process where we create a service order and plan costs on the order.

Later a contract will be created with billing plan. The contract is assigned to service order manually.

After actual costs are booked to the service order the same is settled to Contract.

When I run RA for Contract I dont see the planned costs so the POC is giving correct results.

I am not sure where exactly the issue is. Could you please explain what you meant by settlement of plan values also?

Should I map the settled values in RA line iD to SET?

Thanks in Advance,

Vamsi

ravichandran_iyer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I found that you cannot settle planned costs from Orders. The reason being that orders do not have any planned costs at all. Orders are treated as a confirmed contract so no planned values are entered or considered for the orders. This I found from my other senior colleagues and research on the subject myself.

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

sorry I coudnt undertsand.

I could plan costs ( Materials + Labor) on service order. Service order is assigned to the contract

When I run the RA for the Contract I can only see the material costs as planned costs.

I am unable to figure out why planned activity costs are not getting updated in RA calculation even after assigning the activty cost element to line id and RA updation.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Vamsi