cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sellement receiver as Asset-Reg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear guys,

Normally we use Cost center as receiver in the settlement rule of MO and upon, settlement, Maintenance cost will go to Cost center and reflected in the cost centers reports.

If I put asset number as the receiver in the settlement rule,then upon settlement,Maintenance cost will go to asset and where it will reflected and what is the use of having asset as settlement receiver in MO.

Pl clarify the same,since the issue is urgent.

Regards

Iswari

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

generally we use asset as a settlement receiver only for Maintenance order of investment nature....

Investment kind of miantenance order is used for small projects..that creates asset.

This kind of order is settled on this Asset only ( initially which is under construction and latter after completion of order(TECO)

it turned into complete asset.)

this is only the requirement of asset as a settlement receiver.

Note -

General maintenance work should be settled on cost center only. it makes easy to track/reporte cost in co module.

regards,

amit kushwaha

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

When we do some Maintenance on Equipments, we are spending money on procuring/using resources. So, that has to be debitted or settled on Cost Center with which the Equip is assosiated.

But when we do some Upgradation on the Equipment,

eg. Adding a Conveyor Assembly to existing Assembly and Testing Machine. That means, capital cost of that Equipment has to be updated with the cost of New Conveyor assembly.

To acheive this, we have to use Settlement type as Asset in MO and it will reflect in the Asset Master.

Regards

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think if you see your two threads

i think once asset const is completed it will give you the value of the asset

Regards

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think we use asset to settle costs if that asset is under construction so that all the costs incurred in creating assets are collected for the asset pls check i am not to sure about this

Regards

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

The settlement receiver if you made as asset

You can see the cost in Assest balances by putting your assest number .

I am giving you path also

Accounting -Finanacial accounting -fixed assests -Information system -Reports on assest accounting -assest Balances by asset number .

Regards

chandrashekhar