cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking Guidance on Updating JSON Payload for Edocuments with Custom Fields in SAP Public Cloud

Sobhagya
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Gurus,

I hope this message finds you well. I am currently working on a project that involves integrating eDocuments in SAP Public Cloud, and I am facing a challenge in updating the JSON payload with custom fields. I am reaching out to the community in the hope that someone can provide insights, guidance, or best practices in dealing with this specific scenario.

The objective is to enhance the eDocuments functionality by incorporating custom fields within the JSON payload. I have reviewed the available documentation, but I am seeking practical advice from members of the community who may have successfully implemented a similar customization.

Key points of my inquiry:

1. JSON Payload Structure: I am looking for guidance on how to structure the JSON payload to include custom fields seamlessly without causing any disruptions to the standard eDocuments functionality.

2. Best Practices: Are there any best practices, tips, or recommendations when it comes to updating JSON payloads for eDocuments in SAP Public Cloud? Any advice on avoiding potential pitfalls or common mistakes would be invaluable.

3. Documentation and Resources: If there are specific documentation, blogs, or resources that address this customization, please point me in the right direction. I want to make sure I am leveraging the most up-to-date and relevant information.

*Note: I have created a custom field within the Document Compliance business scenario and implemented custom logic using the available BAdI for Document Compliance. The value is populating in the eDocument Cockpit, but it's not updating in the JSON payload when checked

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide. I am eager to learn from your experiences and insights.

Kind regards,

Sobhagya Thapa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jerry_Lowery
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sobhagya,

I think we need some more information about your specific business requirement.

Assuming you used the app Custom Fields to create your custom field. Are you trying to update the field via public API?

In your definition, do you see any APIs exposed for extensibility for your custom field?

If not, it may not be possible to do the update via api. 

Jerry_Lowery_0-1708355935932.png

Could you provide some more detail about your business requirement? Someone here may be able to provide some additional ideas/guidance.

Thank you
Jerry