cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search help assignment is not inherited from base object (SD_CDS_ENTITY151)

sylvain_perla
Explorer

Hello experts,

I'm trying to create custom CDS in S4/Hana Public Cloud (2208).

I'm trying to get through the test scenario of BGJ: https://rapid.sap.com/bp/#/scopeitems/BGJ

I noticed this warning I also had for other creation attempts:

Search help assignment for field 'EngagementProject' is not inherited from base object

Message no. SD_CDS_ENTITY151

Could you explain me where does this come from and how to avoid it?

Thanks a lot for your guidance!

Marissa
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

We helped you to accept the answer, since there were no updates after 7 days.

You can unaccept it anytime if the answer provided was not helpful enough and you have further questions.

Best regards,

Marissa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OwenLiu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Sylvain,

I think the long text should explain it.

As it's warning, you can ignore.

-------------

Diagnosis

The direct search help assignment from base object field is not inherited to the view entity field ''.

Inheritance of direct search help assignments for fields is not supported for view entity fields.

In case a search help is required for the field '' a cast (preserving type) to a data element with a direct search help assignment can be specified.

In addition, SAP Fiori UI does not require this metadata and works well with annotation @Consumption.valueHelpDefinition.

System Response

No direct search help assignment is inherited from the base object field.

Procedure

Specify a cast (preserving type) statement using a data element with a search help assignment in case a search help is required for field ''.

Best Regards,
Owen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sylvain_perla
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Owen,

Thanks for answering.

I admit that I don't quite understand the meaning of the long text and what it implies. I'm looking for documentation to understand the deep meaning of this warning, and most especially in an public cloud version.

I understand that most Warning can be ignored, but I hope that when I'll get the main reason of this warning, I might find ways to avoid it, right?

Can you propose me some resource?

Thanks again for your involvment.

Sylvain

OwenLiu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Simply speaking, this warning is not relevant with Public Cloud. Or in other words, you don't have option to avoid it.