cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scrap at Subcontractor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

As per the client requirement Scrap qty is to be mentioned on the subcontracting challan, and untill and unless scrap comes, challan should not be fully reconcilled.

Please tell the process of reconcilliation of the subcontracting challan (with the Scrap) in the following 2 cases:-

1. When the Scrap has come along the with Finished Good

2. When the Scrap will come in one shot.

and the client requirement is that compeletion of the subcontracting challan can only be done, once the scrap reached.

and how the reciept of the scrap(via 542) has to be done, is it before reconcilliation of the challan or after the reconcilliation of challan.

Please clarify .

Quick reply would be Appreciated and awarded.

Thanks & Regards

Nitin Chhabra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

withdraw the material with 542 movement type and post the scrapped quantity with 551 from received quantity,or You can also define the percentage of scrap at the time of BOM for FERT, which will be more clear for report purpose also.

If you want to get Scrap in Annexure IV then maintain Component Scrap % against the BOM Components in CS01 or CS02 but this will affect MRP also.

also you can creat a debit note if the scrap is used for accounting purpose.

Regards,

ninad kshirsagar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Take the material document of 542 and go to j1ifq.enter mandatory fields the challan will be reconciled.If the material comes in one shot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

"SCRAP IS GIVEN IN -ve QTY in PO"

When I have done the reconcilliation of the FG w.r.t the material document ("101"), at that point only, Challan status is becoming as fully Reconcilled. and when the scrap is actualy coming to the plant , I am receiving it by using the movement type -"542"

and when I am giving this "542" material document in J1IFQ against the challan , then the system is giving an error message " Challan material is different from the material document ".

what I have maintained in the movement type group is

0001 101 O

0001 541 O

0001 941 O

0002 542

0002 542 O

0002 543 O

0002 942

Please advice , what all changes is required .

Top of above, why the challan status is becoming as "FULLY RECONCILED" ,when the scrap has not come till,

systemwise , since scrap qty is mentioned in the subcontracting challan , that is why its status is becoming fully reconcilled , but actualy it should not happen , challan should only get reconcilled when the scrap actualy reaches the factory.

Thanks & Regards

Nitin Chhabra

Edited by: Chhabra Nitin on Sep 1, 2009 8:22 PM