cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SCADA

P745394
Active Contributor

Hi,

I have Scada which is OPC compliant & I want to get data from it& Update the measuring point of Equipment.How this can be done & what are the resources required.I have SAP PM & XI module .

Regards

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

darcy_curtin
Explorer
0 Kudos

You should check out this web site: www.opc-to-sap.com

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

AndrewBarnard
Contributor
0 Kudos

I have successfully used the SAP SAPODA - SAP OPC Data Access connector to connect OPC compliant devices with the SAP system. The SAP design is very good, allowing the acquired data to be passed through to create PM measuring documents.

The SAPODA connector is free. All we had to do was add an additional implementation to the Business Add-In to call the PM create measurement document. By default, the SAPODA connector and the implementation is used in PP.

We also created a custom table in SAP to map the measuring points with the OPC data points. Since we can browse the OPC data points through SAP, this meant were able to do the entire configuration within SAP.

Edited by: Andrew Barnard on Jun 11, 2010 11:35 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

There are different ways a communication can be established between SCADAand SAP. The choice depends on what the SCADA system can do(Would it be easier to generate a XML out of it or would it be easy to call a web service from it or would it be easy to call a RFC from it) and what are the standards maintained or are required to be maintained. Some examples of communication technologies using XI are

1) RFC (Remote Function call) using RFC MEASUREM_DOCUM_RFC_SINGLE_001 or other FM which generate a Measurement doc

2) IDOC (Intermediate Document) (You will have to create a custom IDOC which would basically call the above FM or Transaction IK11

3) Web services (You could generate a Web service for MEASUREM_DOCUM_RFC_SINGLE_001 )

Regards

Narasimhan

P745394
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do we need any seperate middle ware or server to fetch the data form the SCADA. How expensive is it to execute.Do I want to make SCADA to be OPC enabled?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

It would be easier if SCADA is able to push the data out of their system instead of middle-ware fetching the data from its system at predetermined time intervals.We wouldnt need any middleware if you are using RFC point to point connection between system.In this case you may have to do additional programming on the SCADA end to capture the data and call the above RFC to post the data into SAP.

No idea on how expensive it would be to execute this, as the execution depends on the design of the SCADA system.

At the very least you would need to map each measurement point on SAP to its equivalent object on the SCADA system and also need the help of the SCADA consultant to extract the information out of it.

What do you mean by OPC enabled?

Regards

Narasimhan