cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PP / PM work centers

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am SAP PP consultant and I am very new to PM module.

I need in your advice regarding the work centers of PP and PM modules.

Here is the case:

Couple of months ago we finished the implementation of SAP PP in a factory and now our client is interested in implementation of PM module.

Since the factory has 8 small production lines we went with 8 Work centers with the category of 0007 (Production Line) in PP module created via CR01.

My question is:

1. Can we use these 8 work centers for PM work centers as well or we have to create new work centers using IR01 with the category of 0001 (Machine)?

2. What is the difference between these categories of work centers?

I do appreciate any kind of help or directions for my case.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

BalaAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Adding to Beyhan's answer, my view on Finance/Controlling perspective:

1) Work center is linked to Cost center which is "Responsible Cost Center", which is used in activity pricing and planning. So, if your client/company requires different cost center for capturing & reporting on maintenance cost, then you may need to have separate Work Center for PM.

2) Another point to remember is that, in PM config, using tcode 'OIZA', we will create work center category, that will drive 'Field Selection', 'Screen Sequence', 'Change Doc.creation' etc. These aspects may differ from PP work center category. Generally we create separate Work center category for PM and link applications like:

a) I - Maintenance Task list b) N - Networks c) Q - Inspection Plan.

So these are coming purely from Client & FICO department's requirements. Based on this, you may have to decide.

0 Kudos

Dear BALASUBRAMANIAN AP,

Thank you for your reply regarding your view from FI/CO perspective.

I will consult with our FI/CO consultants and our client.

You helped us a lot!

beyhan_meyrali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anar,

I assume you want to plan maintenance for those work center/machines in PM module. If that is the case, you do not need to define them as work centers, instead you need to think them as equipments and define them in IE01.

Work center is the place/person/machine or group of those, where you perform some direct and indirect activities and in PM that can be simply a PM personal. And activities of orders, that will be confirmed, are assigned to work centers. Therefore PP work centers will have different activities than PM work centers. And PM work centers are mostly maintenance personal.

There are nice courses on Udemy and also online tutorials. I suggest you to check them.

0 Kudos

Dear Beyhan,

Thank you for your reply and your suggestion for online tutorials. It definitely will help me a lot!