cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MM - Inventory Management for consumable material.

saravanangceb
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi MM Team,

Please help me in mapping the below scenario.

Right now my client is procuring consumable material (text material without material master record) against account assignment category N and once GR is posted all the stock is consumed against the network.

Now they want to track the inventory of this stock because sometimes these stocks are in repair condition and they want it to give to some vendor to repair it and they will pay for this vendor and get it back once it got fixed.

Can you please let me know how to set up this end to end process.

Regards,

Saravanan.D

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183379
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No master record and no direct tracking possible as per my knowledge..

You can do one thing. As you said PO/GRN is happening, try taking report of the document type level or GRN level. it may help you to track inventory.

regarding repair, Use Service process.

reg,

Bhg

schaganti1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

use the below t-code to get the inventory report

S_P00_07000139  or MB5B

Regards

Sudhakar

saravanangceb
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bhg,

We create PO against account assignment category N without material master record just entering short text. So in this case how can we track through GRN report.

We need complete visibility / tracking  of this  stocks .Please see the below scenario

Suppose if we receive 10 quantity as goods receipt in this case. All these quantities has been consumed against the network. But the scenario is in that 10 quantity we have noticed 7 of them are not fit for use.

1. As of now there is no visibility of this stock in SAP. Now we want to see this stock in SAP.

2. And then we will send all these 7 quantities to some local vendor to repair it and we will pay to this vendor and receive the same material in working condition. So we need to track the stock throughout this process and let me know how we can map this scenario in SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, You will have to manage at least the quantities in stock, and therefore create a material. You can setup material type to handle quantities in stock but no values. Using this scenario, whenever you buy the material, you will have to set the account assignment, no inventory account is posted.

But still you will have the inventory quantity in the system to keep track of stocks and status.

A standard Material type to check the setup is UNBW.

Hope this helps

Cheers!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

saravanangceb
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Thanks for your replies and I am able to set this up in SAP as mentioned..Hence closing this thread.

Regards

Saravanan.D

ankurch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

You can maintain the inventory for the material type UNBW (Non-Valuated Material). Please maintain in the configuration for only quantity updates of that material type. After that whenever you create the purchase order for that material you need to create material master, while posting the GR only quantity updates will be possible for material type UNBW. Meanwhile no accounting document will be update only the material document gets generated.

When you consumed that material post the Goods Issue, whenever you requires to maintenance of that material keep post the GI, and using the same Material Master record create new PO.

Through this process you track how much material you have in your inventory as well as other basic reports to track your inventory.

Thanks

Ankur Chauhan

pankaj_yadav6
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, without material master how can you tract the material or manage the inventory.

And even when you do not have stock in storage locations.

I hope no proper solution over this, because on the another hand you directly consuming the material against Network. Tracking is not possible.