cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Business One Old version to SAP 2008 8.8 Version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends

Please let me know whether it is possible to Upload all the data with existing exactly to new version.i.e Trail balance,ledgers etc

its most urgent , if any one know please let me know because in our company we are implementing to new one version my contact number is 9840657180.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Welcome you post on the forum.

You only need to upgrade your application. Database will automatically be updated to new structure. No need for upload any data.

The financial statement will not be changed by the upgrade.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which version is not supported for upgrade.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

In your upgrader patch you will find the base version from which you can upgrade it....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friend

Sorry to trouble u again for asking the same,because i have to clear my doubts

I tell you a story

First of all We are implementing the SAP B1 new version 8.8,our implementation team configure the financial report as per the budget and project wise. so our old version 2005 B to New 8.8 we have to enter the data from April'11 to as on . whether it is possible to upgrade the data without changing the GL coding. because our implementation team told us that new version GL coding is vary from old version GL coding. so we cant get the exact data trail balance i.e. we are getting the two two heads in new version of trail balance. so its difficult to setoff the old balance of invoices etc.

so let me clear without modifying or what ever the solution of getting the same GL balance to setoff or how we can get the new version to work smooth and what is the procedure to go with.

Please clarify me.awaiting for your reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have no idea why the G/L code has to be different from the first place. If they must be different, you do not have any options but upload all your historical transactions with new code.

Code changing is not possible if you have transactions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is possible to change all our GL transactions to new GL code....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. If you can upload them by DTW with new code.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jbrotto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is possible to upgrade basically all patch levels of 2005 to any of the patch level of 8.8. If you are planning to upgrade to 8.81 then there is no issue at all from 2005. Any earlier version of Business one needs to be upgrade to the 2005 version then to 8.8. For the 2007 version depending when the patch was released for that version usally 8.8 version which it can be upgraded is released 2 to 4 weeks later. Also when upgrading please look for the upgrade version of the patch level as it comes with the upgrade wizard which does everything in a few clicks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friend

Please let me know whether it is possible to change the COA (Chart of Account) code for new version which is upgraded from old version SAP B1 2005 b to SAP B1 2008 8.8.Becasue the old COA is changed in the new version.so in trail balance the Ledger heads is shown as doubles.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.......

It is simply an Upgrade setup which you need to run normally......

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ya, It is possible through upgrade.

Regards,

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please let me know weather we can upgrade all the version to new sap Business one 8.8,but in our company there asking me to enter all the Ap invoice, outgoing payment, AR invoice, Incoming payment from april'11,because they wanted the perfect accounting ,

Please help me in this problem how i should solve this without entering the data from april'2011 to since ...

its urgent if there is any consultant for this issue please let me know the Mobile number for solving the probelm.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No need to enter the data manually.

you can get all existing data through upgradation.

What SAP version & Patch Level you are using now?

Get help from your Implementation partner ..........

Regards,

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think it is b1 5 its old one.i dont know the level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the version & patch level (PL) in SAP.

Open SAP, Help -> About SAP Business One. There you can find the version & PL details.

Regards,

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

U dont want to mannually feed all the invoices eve i you are using SAP 20005 Because with the help of the upgrade you would be able to upgade your database from 2005 to new vrsion with the accounting remainig the same

Regards,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friend

Please let me know whether it is possible to change the COA (Chart of Account) code for new version which is upgraded from old version SAP B1 2005 b to SAP B1 2008 8.8.Becasue the old COA is changed in the new version.so in trail balance the Ledger heads is shown as doubles.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

If your transactions proceed with the existing GL Codes then you cannot change the GL Codes even though you Upgrade your System to new Version......

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If the GL code is changed in new version, then we should proceed for that new GL code only, then tell me what about the old GL balance and how to setoff the AP invoices of old version in new version.

Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan....

What is your exact question?

Are you asking about upgradation or GL Code modification or transactions settlement for GL codes to be renewed?

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the previous one.

Iam the end user of the Trasaction,so please let me know whether the GL coding of old version is changed in new version but the GL description is same. so when we migrating the old version SAP B1 2005 data to SAP B1 2008 8.8 it is possible to change the GL coding for OLD GL.because the invoices should be setoff with new version of GL.(GL code modification)

Edited by: SAP SRINO on Aug 29, 2011 12:53 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you got duplicated CoA, something must be wrong with you upgrading process. The account should not be changed. Once you have transaction, you will not be able to change any.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi priya

Sorry to trouble u again for asking the same,because i have to clear my doubts

I tell you a story

First of all We are implementing the SAP B1 new version 8.8,our implementation team configure the financial report as per the budget and project wise. so our old version 2005 B to New 8.8 we have to enter the data from April'11 to as on . whether it is possible to upgrade the data without changing the GL coding. because our implementation team told us that new version GL coding is vary from old version GL coding. so we cant get the exact data trail balance i.e. we are getting the two two heads in new version of trail balance. so its difficult to setoff the old balance of invoices etc.

so let me clear without modifying or what ever the solution of getting the same GL balance to setoff or how we can get the new version to work smooth and what is the procedure to go with.

Please clarify me.awaiting for your reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

The answer should be from your implementation team since they required the change if it was not initiated from your side.