cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Ariba CIM - Max Decimals and Price Unit

CelesteForte
Participant
0 Kudos

SAP Central Invoice Management does not allow more than 2 decimals in line items price, as expected since this is S/4 behaviour. 

What our customer do to solve this issue is to play with the price base unit. 

Example: 

Invoice DATA -> line 1 ---- quantity 100 ----- Unit Price 0.0014 

SAP Data -> line 1 ---- Quantity 100 --- Price base 100  --- Price ( per 100 ) 0.14 

but this conversion it is not allowed in SAP CIM ( or we do not find how to do that). Is it only possible in "Extended Edit" by editing the invoice in S/4 manually? 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

heiko_zimmermann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

In our matching process we already support such scenarios where the price is not per piece but for bundles as in your example. 

Here is a screenshot from matching. I created a PO exactly fitting your example:

heiko_zimmermann_0-1720684509982.png

As you can see, SAP Ariba Central Invoice Management took over exactly the information from the PO into the matching. If necessary for the automatic matching process we internally convert the price into the price per piece independent from the number of decimals which would be needed. 

CelesteForte
Participant
0 Kudos
thank you for the answer, this match occurs after the background job runs?
heiko_zimmermann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Which background job? You mean the automatic processing in CIM which includes OCR, tax code determination or the background processing in S4HC? When the automatic matching is active then we try to match the invoice with the PO items automatically in CIM. If not possible then the accountant can complete the matching in the UI. In this case the background processing in S4HC is not used at all
CelesteForte
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi, it is no clear for me when or how the user select the Base Price
heiko_zimmermann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
There is normally no need for the accountants to work with the base price. For the invoice prossing the invoice item amounts are relevant
heiko_zimmermann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I'm sorry but I dont fully understand where exactly this conversion should be needed? 

Could you please provide some more details?

CelesteForte
Participant
0 Kudos
In other words, what I need to know is how CIM expect to deal with the invoices for industries that handle more than 2 decimals.