cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run LSMW for Batch input program RM07MMBL (Goods Movement) in test mode ?

former_member705818
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am trying to use LSMW method for loading initial stock into SAP , using an extract file from legacy system. Can I do a test run using the source file in LSMW to see the fallouts before the actual processing of the data? I see a Test Data indicator in Create Batch Input session step of the LSMW, but when I check that, the system gives me an error "No entries in sequential file" . Am I missing something here, do I have to specify something in the Assign Files step if it's a test data ? or Is there some other way to run the LSMW for Inventory load in test mode?

Thanks in advance for your time.Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Kris T

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

execute SE38, enter RM07MMBL and execute.

you get a selection screen

put the cursor onto the field for test data, then press F1

read the the help text.

close this help text window and click the blue info button above the selection screen.

Now you shold know what this test data flag means and how it works.

Dont you have a QA system to do such stock load tests?

usually it is pretty easy to cancel a stock load: just exchange the movement type and process the same source again.

former_member705818
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen,

Thanks for your suggestions, I read the help text regarding the test data check box, but how do I maintain the test data in table T159A? pardon me if this is a dumb question to ask !

and in refernce to your questions:

We have a test system where I tried couple of mock loads, but in production, I wanted to run the file in test mode before I do the actual load.

Thanks

Kris T

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try it with SM30