Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Routing

former_member212685
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

we have two plant 1000 & 1001,in 1000 there are some workcenters but in 1001 there is no work center

when i am making a routing in plant 1001 system is allowing me to choose the work center from plant 1000

how it is possible ,please give your inputs

siva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

I would suggest to restrict it based on roles and authorizations through basis module.

Regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is a std. behavior which you notice.

Is there any issue you face because of this? or is it just a query on whether it is normal of what you see (If yes, then above line should clarify I hope) ?

former_member212685
Participant
0 Kudos

can we control any way ???

we want 1000 plant work center should be used for 1000 plant material only

this is client requirement

siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi siva,

Work center maintained are specific to plant.

When you maintain a work center in a routing, it will be mentioned with refferance to that plant.

If any work center not maintained in a plant is defined in the routing then system will give error message. unless you change the plant in it.

Eg: take plants 1000 and 2000

lets assume Work center 1001, 1002, 1002 are defined in plant 1000 and 2001,2002 are defined in plant 2000.

if you are creating a routing for a material in plant 1000, and if work center maintained in that are 2001 / 2002 in this case system will give the error message saying work center not defined in plant 1000. Iff the plant is changed to 2000 in routing then system allows you to proceed.

Please check and revert.

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos
can we control any way ???

User training n discipline should help with that control shouldn't it?

But if in case that is not possible for some reason, then you might want to get in touch with SAP to see if they can provide some enhancement for you. As I am not aware of a specific exit / enhancement / BADi which can do this custom check.

Added

I doubt it would work with authorizations for this one... unless you build a custom auth. object & then check with your basis person if this can be checked by the std. program).

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not possible as work centres and routings are plant specific. Please check the table entries or check whether you really dont have any work center in plant 1001. Or else you can send me the screen shots.

Regards,

Yogesh