cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict PR creation if no release strategy triggers.

0 Kudos

Users are creating PR with wrong requisitioners knowingly/unknowingly due to which release strategy is not triggering but standard SAP treats it as approved and allows to make PO for the same.

Can we provide validation so that the system should ask to click on Check before saving the PR and it should not allow it to save if release strategy is not triggering.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Private_Member_733670
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Asif,

You can implement a validation to ensure that the release strategy is triggered before saving a Purchase Requisition (PR). Here are the steps to follow:

1. Create a new User Exit or BADI (ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST should be ok) for the Purchase Requisition (ME57 or ME5A) transaction.

2. In the User Exit or BADI, implement the logic to check if the release strategy is being triggered. You can access the release strategy information from the purchasing document header or from the release status of the purchasing document.

3. If the release strategy is not being triggered, you can display an error message and prevent the PR from being saved.

4. Add a custom button "Check" to the PR screen and make it mandatory for users to click on the button before saving the PR. This will ensure that the release strategy is checked and validated before saving the PR.

This validation will prevent users from creating PRs with wrong requisitions and will ensure that the release strategy is triggered before a PO can be created. This will also help to maintain the accuracy and integrity of the purchasing data and prevent potential errors or issues.

0 Kudos

Your comment was highly appreciable. Will check the process and revert.

Thank you for your time.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RAHEEL_BABAR
Active Contributor

Hi Asif,

I think you can control these with BADI ME_PROCESS_REQ_CUST, Check with technical consltant.

0 Kudos

Hi Raheel,

Thanks for the help.