cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resources in HomePage Framework

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am in process of designing the ESS Homepage framework for Travel and Expenses.We are onto ECC6.0 with Enh Pack3.

In SPRO, we have got new resource links which are for Webdynpro ABAP.

For Example for resource EMPLOYEE_TRAVEL_ALLMYTRIPS_SRV_12,the properties are

Description : Travel & Expense: All My Trips and Expenses

Object name : FITV_POWL_TRIPS

URL Parameter : SAP_FITV_EXIT_OP=CallAreaPage

All other properties are empty like URL of Resource Object and URL of PCD Page.

Through the portal Travel and Expense Area Page,when i am trying to access the link My Trips and Expenses then nothing happens.

I have checked for the full top down approach for homepage framework creation and till services everything is fine.The services are pointing to the right Resources.

i.e Service EMPLOYEE_TRAVEL_ALLMYTRIPS_12 is pointing correctly to resource EMPLOYEE_TRAVEL_ALLMYTRIPS_SRV_12.

P.S.Before upgrading to enh pack 3, the area page was pointing to all webdynpro java applications.

Kindly help.

>Why is the URL of PCD Page empty ?

>Do i need to create a server for resources ? Since the wd abap applications are on the same server where i am doing the homepage customizations.

Warm regards,

Indu

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried giving the WD ABAP application URL as the URL for Resource Object.Its not working.

For PCD Url,I am looking into the portal to get the PCD URL from the properties of the iviews.

Any other suggestion.

Subhash,Can you please share the solution that you got after searching through the service maketplace.

Regards,

Indu

Kiran11
Explorer
0 Kudos

let me look into my archives and revert.

meanwhile, did you prefix ROLES:// to the PCD path of the iview? The URL to PCD page field should look something like

"ROLES://<<pcd path of the travel iview>>"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

This is the URL that i m providing in my resource.

ROLES://portal_content/com.sap.pct/every_user/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.bp_folder/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.roles/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.employee_self_service/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.employee_self_service/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.area_travel_expenses/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.allmytrips

Is it fine.please revert as this is taking very critical shape in my project.

Thanks and Regards,

Indu

Former Member
0 Kudos

you have mentioned that when you try to access resource EMPLOYEE_TRAVEL_ALLMYTRIPS_SRV_12 nothing happens.

Can you please define what is that you see.

1. is it a blank page

2. page cannot be displayed error etc.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barin,

By nothing i meant when i click , it stays on the same area page and in the status bar i can see one URL appearing but with a blink its something like :

http://pep74.eu.******.net:53500/webdynpro/resources/sap.com/tcwddispwda?/global/SSR/html/.....

I am not able to see the URL properly because it appears very fast.

Is this URL pointing to some WD java application.

Since i am able to see the new WD ABAP iviews if open independently from content provided by SAP and i am providing the same URL in resource's PCD URL,I don't understand where actually the homepage is pointing.

Regards,

Indu

Edited by: Indu Garg on May 6, 2009 10:59 AM

Kiran11
Explorer
0 Kudos

The following notes talk about steps to be taken while migrating from WDJ to WD Abap applications for Travel.

note: 1255358

note: 1076144

note: 1117562

https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012006153200000774212007E/Migration_EN_071029.pdf

hope this helps

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the resource name of the link that you are accessing.

confirm the same please.

Alternative is create a new iview with webdynpro abap application and create a custom resource assign that to service and subarea and then try to access.

reply with details of resource and the values again.

also confirm what are the authrizations that you have given to the employee using which you are accessing the applications.

are you using only ESS role if yes then try the same again with SAP_ALL and observe if there are any changes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Resource name is EMPLOYEE_TRAVEL_ALLMYTRIPS_SRV_12

Properties are :

Object name : FITV_POWL_TRIPS

URL Parameter : SAP_FITV_EXIT_OP=CallAreaPage

PCD URL : ROLES://portal_content/com.sap.pct/every_user/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.bp_folder/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.r

oles/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.employee_self_service/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.employee_self_service/com.s

ap.pct.erp.ess.area_travel_expenses/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.allmytrips

Service : EMPLOYEE_TRAVEL_ALLMYTRIPS_12

Yes i am using the Employee Self Service standard role.

Regards,

Indu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Remove the pcd url from this resource and then try to access the link from homepage.

please reply with the error if you get any.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barin,

By standard this URL is empty and the link is not working if its empty.No error message as i said in my earlier reply.

I am completely stuck and not able to find a way out.

Please Suggest.

Regards,

Indu

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is a proxy class in the service EMPLOYEE_TRAVEL_ALLMYTRIPS_12 CL_TRAVEL_AREAPAGE

remove this class or analyse and do required settings it will work.

I suggest analyse the class and do required config the it will start appearing again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barin,

I deleted the CL_TRAVEL_AREAPAGE proxy class but it doesnt work out.

Get services method of this class has this way to select the service:

WHEN 'EMPLOYEE_TRAVEL_ALLMYTRIPS_SRV05'

OR 'EMPLOYEE_TRAVEL_ALLMYTRIPS_SRV_12'.

IF NOT i_expense_active IS INITIAL

OR NOT i_request_active IS INITIAL

OR NOT i_plan_active IS INITIAL.

l_display_service = 'X'.

ENDIF.

I have analysed it.Have debugged it also.When we click on link from portal its not calling this method.

Regards,

Indu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi indu

i assume that your iview preview is working fine. can you confirm.

regards

barin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Barin,the preview for all the services is working fine.

Regards,

Indu