Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase Order Tax Jurisdiction Code Default

former_member443713
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a business requirement to have my tax code default based off of Delivery Address Region field.

I can achive this by creating a custom condition table with region, creating a custom access sequence, inserting the custom table, and attaching it to condition type NAVS.

My problem is that my tax code requires a tax jurisdiciton code. So I can default the tax code but that is useless without being able to default the tax jurisdiction code.

How can I default the tax jurisdiction code in the delivery address, _*WITHOUT DEFAULTING IT IN THE PLANT OR STORAGE LOCATION MASTER DATA. IT NEEDS TO DEFAULT BASED OF OF REGION.*

Is there a condition type for Tax Jurisdiction code or something along those lines.....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

There is a BADI available with name ME_TAX_FROM_ADDRESS [SE18] (Tax jurisdiction code taken from address). As per documentation, this is the correct one for you.

The Business Add-In (BAdI) ME_TAX_FROM_ADDRESS provides you with additional functionality to determine the tax jurisdiction code in purchase orders. At item level, the tax jurisdiction code maintained in the delivery address can be used for tax calculation purposes.

Thanks,

Venu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member443713
Participant
0 Kudos

Upon further review the field REGIO is not included in the BADI. So I can not use it to default my tax jurisdiciton code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In method GET_TXJCD of the BADI, you have parameter IM_EKPO. You can get REGIO from table T001W-REGIO using IM_EKPO-WERKS.

Thanks,

Venu

former_member443713
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes that Regio field is available, I should have been more specific. I was refering to the Regio Field in the delivery address. We have thousands of differnt delivery address that are constantly changing so realistically we are entering a different deliver address everytime we create a purchase order.

It is the Regio field on the Delivery Address tab that I need to determine Tax Jurisdiction Code for our Canadian Regions.

I realize this is a strange request I am just trying to determine if it can be done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

Did you able to find the solution for the problem... ?

I am also having the same problem what you had long back.

As per the suggestion i have implemented the  BADI "ME_TAX_FROM_ADDRES" and in the method "GET_TXJCD" written the code to default the jurisdiction code for certain PO types.

So the jurisdiction code form the delivery address Tab is over writing the Invoice jurisdiction. And the tax percentage is showing correctly as per the jurisdiction code.

But the problem is the Tax code in the invoice tab is not changing.

From Functional point of view is like:

Need to main the Region ( delivery address region field ) in KOMPAZ structure and in NAVS what to maintain the condition table by including the Region field.

So here to do this while creating the PO the Region field value in the Delivery address tab need to be populate to config IN CONDITION TABLES.   

Can someone suggest me how to change the tax-code in invoice tab, i have many threads they proposed some BADI to change the Tax code but that is not advisable in my org..

Thanks in Advance,

Prakash.

former_member443713
Participant
0 Kudos

Upon further review the field REGIO is not available to me in this BADI. Is there another option?