cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

private cloud edition Vs public cloud edition for SAP S4/ Hana

former_member144549
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I would like to know the comparison of private cloud and public could along with the pros and cons for S4/ hana. Based on this, we can decide which edition or version we should choose.

GeovanaLettnin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

We helped you to accept the answer, since there were no updates after 7 days.

You can unaccept it anytime if you have further questions.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JoeyLi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Htun,

I could not say all the differentiate, however. here is some comments from my point of view.

But please understand this is not All and each customer could keen on different part.

Private Cloud:

- In a private cloud, the infrastructure is dedicated to a single organization, either on-premises or hosted by a third-party provider.

- Pros:

1. Enhanced security and control: With a private cloud, you have more control over your data and can implement security measures tailored to your specific requirements.

2. Customization and flexibility: Private clouds allow for more customization and flexibility in terms of hardware, software, and configurations.

3. Compliance: If your organization operates in a highly regulated industry with strict compliance requirements, a private cloud can provide better adherence to those regulations.

- Cons:

1. Higher upfront costs: Building and maintaining a private cloud infrastructure can be expensive, requiring significant upfront investment in hardware, software, and skilled IT personnel.

2. Limited scalability: Private clouds may have limitations on scalability compared to public clouds, as you need to plan and provision resources in advance.

3. Maintenance and management: Managing a private cloud infrastructure requires ongoing maintenance, updates, and monitoring, which can be time-consuming and resource-intensive.

Public Cloud:

- In a public cloud, the infrastructure is shared among multiple organizations and managed by a cloud service provider.

- Pros:

1. Cost-effective: Public clouds offer a pay-as-you-go model, allowing you to scale resources up or down based on demand, which can be more cost-effective for many organizations.

2. Scalability: Public clouds provide virtually unlimited scalability, enabling you to quickly scale resources as needed.

3. Managed services: Public cloud providers offer various managed services, such as automated backups, security, and monitoring, reducing the burden on your IT team.

- Cons:

1. Limited customization: Public clouds may have limitations on customization and flexibility compared to private clouds, as you are working within the provider's infrastructure and configurations.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Sai_Vivek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Bhawesh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
former_member144549
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Joey Li,

Thanks for your answer. Could you tell me from the perspective of the integration with other systems?