cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price control using inforecord

vijay_singh21
Contributor

Dear All,

I have maintained Pricing Date Control as 1(Purchase order date) in the inforecord.

When I create a PO, the price is adopted from the condition record according to the PO creation date.

But when I change the document date in PO and carry out new pricing, I would have expected it to take a new price according to the new PO date. But it does not do so!

If I change the document date before entering the other information, the price is adopted as per condition valid for the document date. But again,, if I chnage it to say current date, it does not adopt the new price.

Does it not work this way?

Please help

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

0 Kudos

Hello

Does anybody knows if is possible to copy the prices of current valid PO to the PIR?

We are using PIR to do some forecasting, so we want to make sure to start from a good and accurate base such as current PO, also sometimes there are errors in PIR so I would like to correct them overwritting the real PO price (once available)

Thanks in advance

vijay_singh21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Not clear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In info record purchase organization data 1 tab--> condition tab-> Pricing date category field (controls date of price determination) changed to 1 Po date.

Then it will work.

vijay_singh21
Contributor
0 Kudos

It is not working when the price date category field is set as 1(PO date). Thats the problem.

vijay_singh21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Any new ideas on this one?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It looks while creating the Purchase order, Creation date(AEDAT) or the Document date(BEDAT) whichever is the past date, based on that Purchase info record price is picked.

Now the Purchase order creation is done and the document price is fixed.

I dont think the Net price update will behave the same way while you try change the Purchase order. Guess the update function will not be call PIR again for an already created Purchase order.

Thanks,

Vasanthan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Enter the require document date in PO then go to item condition tab and click on Update button and then check price. It will pick the price from info validity period based on po date.

Subbu.

vijay_singh21
Contributor
0 Kudos

That is exactly the problem. It does not update when I use price date control as PO date.

0 Kudos

already do this but still price haven't change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please go through the following price determination logic which I found in sdn. This will help you to find the problem

When you create a purchase order or scheduling agreement with time-independent conditions, the system searches for valid conditions and inserts them into the new document (this is the process of price determination).

In the case of purchase orders, the system searches for conditions in info records and contracts (for contract release orders), and for general conditions.

In the case of scheduling agreements with time-independent conditions, the system searches for conditions in info records and for general conditions.

If no conditions are found, but the last PO is noted in the info record, the system can adopt the conditions from this PO. You can specify how the system treats the conditions from the last PO in Customizing for Purchasing (default values for buyers).

The system can proceed in similar fashion in the event that a scheduling agreement with time-independent conditions is noted in the info record.

Price determination involves the process of determining already existing conditions only. Thus, if the buyer enters further conditions in the purchase order - over and above those inserted by the system - and a new effective price results, the latter is not calculated via the price determination process.

If the conditions were adopted from the last document and the buyer performs the New price determination function, these conditions will not be inserted again.

Date of Price Determination

In the automatic price determination process, the price can be calculated as at the document date of the PO, or as at another date (such as the current day’s date, the delivery date, or the goods receipt date). You can specify the date to which the price that is determined relates at the following points:

In the vendor master record, in the Pricing date control field, if you wish to use the same price determination date for all a vendor’s materials.

In the purchasing info record, in the Pricing date category field, if you wish to use a different pricing date for a certain material supplied by a particular vendor.

The value in the purchasing info record takes precedence over the value in the vendor master record.

In the purchase order, in the Pricing date category field

The value from the info or vendor master record is preset when a purchase order is created. However, this is only used if you change it in the purchase order and carry out a new price determination process.

The pricing date category in the PO takes precedence.

Example:

In the info record, you have specified that the price determination process is to be carried out with the conditions that are valid on the delivery date (pricing date category 2). Furthermore, you have created two validity periods (from 04. 01.1997 until 04. 31.1997 and from 05. 01.1997 until 12. 31.1997), each with different conditions.

You create a purchase order with the delivery date 05.05.1997. The pricing date category from the info record is adopted. In the course of the price determination process, the info record conditions from the validity period 05. 01.1997 until 12. 31.1997 are then adopted.

If you wish to adopt the info record conditions from the first validity period in the purchase order, you must change the pricing date category in the PO to blank and carry out a new price determination process.

vijay_singh21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Again not very helpful in my case. I am facing the problem only when I use price date control as PO date. The system is behaving fine for all other controls like GR date and delivery date.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

have a look at the documentation "date of price determination" to get a hint what might be the cause in your case:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/75/ee130655c811d189900000e8322d00/frameset.htm

regards

Markus

vijay_singh21
Contributor
0 Kudos

I have already gone through this documentation. Does not help much here.

vijay_singh21
Contributor
0 Kudos

An explanation could be that the document date could be in fact different from PO creation date. The price is determined only by creation date.

But then how is it taking a different price when I manually change the document date to a past date and then enter other information?

To explain the scenario in a better way:

I have two conditions: First, valid from 01.01.2009 to 22.03.2009 (48 euro)

Second, valid from 23.03.2009 to 31.12.9999(50 euro).

If I create PO today, the document date defaulted is 25.03;2009. It takes the price 50 euro. I chnage the document date to 10.03.2009 and carry out new pricing, there isno change.

Then, I go into a new create PO screen and chnage the default document date to 10.03.2009, the enter my material, quantity etc., the PO gets the price 48 euro.Now, if I change the date to 26.03.2009 and carry out new pricing, it does not take 50 euro as price.