cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting Change Notice in WM

Former Member
0 Kudos

In real time why Posting Change Notice is required? And in what scenario, the Immediate Confirmation (TO item can be confirmed Immediately) of Transfer Order is not needed? What will happen if the Immediate Confirmation (TO item can be confirmed Immediately) of Transfer Order is not configured?

Kindly explain with real time business scenario.

SPRO Path for configuring Immediate Confirmation:

SPRO Path: Logistics Execution -> Warehouse Management -> Activities -> Define Movement Types.

Note: I searched for the answer for my above questions, but I could not find. If this has been already explained, please share the link for blog.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Former Member

Posting change notices (PCN) as well as transfer requirements (TR) serve as a link / interface / intermediate documents between MM and WM. The former are used with transfer posting e.g. stock transfer from quality to unrestricted. The latter - with receipts and issues. When a material document is posted in MM either PCN or TR is created. This way you know that you need to follow on with the process in WM. Of course PCN and TR creation is customizable.

The follow on process in WM is to create TO against either PCN or TR and to confirm the TO.

You can automate the follow on steps in WM by automatic creation of TO and automatic confirmation of TO. A common process when this automation is used is stock release from quality to unrestricted when you keep the stock in the same storage bin.

Best regards

Dominik Tylczynski