Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO Release Strategy for a single Plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I have created a new release strategy to trigger multiple plants

Release Strategy is triggering in case of PO is having more than one single Plants but not in case of a single plant in one item or multiple items for the same plants.

I know that PO release strategy is at header level so I have not entered plant in CL24N.My purpose is solved in case of aPO is having more thatnn one plant but still i need to get the Release Strategy to trigger in case of any single plant or more than one time by using a single plant in PO.

Has anybody done this? Could you please suggest any logic to be developed if available

Thanks

Ranjith'

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Hi Ranjit,

Do you have PLANT as the Characteristics in the Release procedure?

If not there,  add PLANT as Characteristic and enter plant code in CL24N & also make the plant  value as blank and check.

eg. suppose You Have two plants codes 1000 & 2000

So enter both plant codes(1000 & 2000) in plant value & also enter one blank value in Plant  field.

In characteristic value

Plant-1000

No Plant

Thanks

Madhurendra Sharma

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No need to use release characteristic for plant(CEKKO_WERKS) in  PO release characteristics.

Better use following release characteristics

1.PO Order Type (ZPO_BSART),

2.Company Code (ZPO_ BUKRS),

3.Purchasing Organization (ZPO_EKORG),

4.Purchasing Group (ZPO_WERKS),

5.Total  PO Net Value (ZPO_GNETW).

And then design your PO release strategies.

Regards,

Biju K

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its standard SAP behavior. There is a concept of aggregation when you use item level characteristics for PO release strategy.

If you have multiple plants at item level, the value will be aggregated as blank in header level and the system will search for the release strategy corresponding to blank plant chara. Since you have maintained the characteristic value for plant as blank in CL24N, system will find the release strategy. If you have only one plant in the item, then the same plant (say 1000) will be aggregated in the header and the system will search for the release strategy for the plant (1000 in example). Since you didnt maintain the characteristic value for plant in CL24N, system cant find a corresponding release strategy!

Go to CT04 and maintain "multiple values" indicator for the plant characteristic. Now, go to CL24N and maintain the characteristic value for the plant as well for the release strategy (along with blank value) and test the scenario again.

Refer the note: 47089 - Release procedure for purching docs - Aggregation   for more details.

Regards,

AKPT

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

hope i really understood your question,

In standard , if the Relase strategy is configured correctly then the release strategy will trigger for PO with same plant across all line item.

The release strategy cant be determind for multiple Plants in single PO in standard config. you can try using the blank value for aggregates.

refer following SAP notes for more informaiton.

47089 - Release procedure for purching docs - Aggregation

493900 - FAQ: Release Strategy

Thanks

Kunal

0 Kudos

Hi Ranjit,

Do you have PLANT as the Characteristics in the Release procedure?

If not there,  add PLANT as Characteristic and make the value as blank and check.

Regards,

Bala

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Whatever you are saying, it is opposite of standard behavior.

In standard, system will trigger release strategy when you will use single plant, for multiple plants system should not triggered release strategy (in standard).

Either your requirement is totally opposite or you have already some development in your system.

Please confirm it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dev,

As of now I have used standard SAP PO Release Strategy only.

I have not entered any plant characteristic values for that release strategy and it works fine even if you enter different plants in a single PO.

Now the issue is that when I try with using single plant in PO, release strategy is not triggering which is also a standard behaviour it seems. I think when have used plant charateristic values are blank in CL24N, then it should trigger even with single plant in PO or multiple plats in PO , but it is not happening with single plant

Can we implement exits and badis for this to trigger release strategy for single plant also. Anybody done this?

Please share any solution design if anybody done ?

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. It is possible if you set the classification value as blank.

But then the problem is, system will trigger release strategy only when system will find multiple values for classification. System will not triggered release strategy for single value.

For single value, you have to assign the value in classification.

You may can use the badi ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST for your own logic to set release strategy.

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to add the Plant as your character, and thne assign the value to it as Blank. as suggested in the Note given in my earlier reply.

I will recomend new Plant criteria or new release strategy by locking the old strategies so no impact on old Pos Rather than going for enahcnement, As the functionality is available in standard SAP.

Thanks

Kunal