Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO email output fails?

v_s6
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a PO email output ZNEU which keeps failing because sometimes the email address has not been maintained in the vendor master. So when we check it in the PO it looks in status "yellow", but it is not turning up in SOST transaction. A lot of POs are failing like this and due to large volume we are not able to check each and every PO individually.

Could someone tell me where can we check those POs which have failed,gone into error or are just hanging in status yellow for the email output?

Best Regards,

V S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the table NAST, you will find the status in the field VSTAT.

Here, filter the value 0 or 2 to get these PO numbers. You will find the PO number in the field OBJKY.

v_s6
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks Dibyendu...this helps a lot...just one more question...is there a way to know quickly why that particular output has failed?

In the PO the output is seen as hanging in status "yellow", but there is no porcessing log, so it is hard to know why it failed...neither does it turn up in SOST...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Usually you have a communication strategy, which means if it is not possible to send an email SAP will try to fax or print ,based on the alternative that is setup for email.

You only get something into SOST if the message is green. Easiest to understand if you see it as 2 different things. the message in your PO is the person who brings a letter to the postal office.

SOST is the postman who carries the letter from the post office to its destination.

If the first person never reached the post office then you cant find anything in SOST.

v_s6
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Jürgen for the lead....

I checked and found that we have our own customized communication strategy which only has the email INT as the option, nothing else. Which means as you pointed out that if the system doesn't find the right parameters for emails or something else fails while emailing the message remains hanging with status yellow. With the help of NAST tables now I am able to search all messages which are in status yellow but not able to understand why they are hanging as I noticed that in many cases that it failed even though a proper email address was mentioned in the vendor master and the output was set-up perfectly to go through....

nowhere in the system am I able to find the reason for failure....is there a way to find this out?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can only analyze one by one with the help of the processing log in the message view of the purchase order. There are numerous reasons and not just one, e.g. an email needs a receiver email address (vendor master) and a sender email address (user master). Messages are in yellow if the PO is not yet released.

There can be complex issues or very simple like nobody executed ME9F for those messages with transmission time 3.

A good starting point is OSS note 457497 - FAQ: Message processing in purchasing and all its related notes