Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packaging Material only in Delivery Outbound

michellyjunho
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I really need your support and knowledge!

I have a commodity process where within the sales order I just add the item in grain > in the Outbound Delivery I add in addition to this item a second item of the VERP type for the bag that involves this grain so that the stock write-off is carried out > and only the grain should come out on the invoice.

I would like to know if any of you have already gone through a similar configuration and how you proceeded with it, please.

Many thanks in advance and best regards.

michellyjunho
Explorer
0 Kudos

Good morning Experts,

I've seen some forums here about movement type but I didn't find any that could help me follow, in advance I apologize if I haven't seen them all and something similar has already been discussed here.

I create the sales order in VA01 only with my commodity grain > Then I create the outbound delivery in VL02N with the item that came from the OV and another item with the jute bag that packs this item (doing it by HU would make the process very difficult because I would have to do the pack sacks by sacks) so it needs to be an item that only goes in the shipment to issue stock (it won't even be mentioned in the OV and is not relevant for invoicing).

So I'm using item category type PO with schedule line BN. When my BN schedule line used the movement type 601, it gave a correct inventory write-off but generated the incorrect accounting document because it is not a sale.

Now however, using movement type 551 it gives me an error that I can't find an explanation for anywhere once I tried to PGI on VLO02N:

'Check table XMSKA: entry SACARIA JUTA 2002 2004 000000 does not exist'

I already looked at MSKA table and really this packaging is not there. But I don't know how to get it to be recorded.

However, I still believe that the problem is the type of movement, because with the 601 the low of stock worked correctly, the incorrect thing is that it is not a sale.

So in summary I need some points if you can help me, please:

1. I'm trying to understand how this MSKA table is populated.

2. Seeking to validate the correct movement that makes my stock write-off, but that is not a sale.

I really appreciate if anyone can help.

Many Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I presume, the item category is different in both the cases. If so, in vov7, set blank against "Billing Relevance" for the one which you don't want to appear in billing.

michellyjunho
Explorer
0 Kudos

Many thanks Lakshmipathi!

Now, I'm dealing with the moviment, because I need to lower the stock of this package, however, I cannot generate COGS. So I can't use the 601.

And if I try to use the 551 I get a message that I need to study better what it is:

Check table XMSKA: entry SACARIA JUTA 2002 2004 000000 does not exist

I know that my packaging is not really in this table, however, I need to understand how it is recorded and what is the correct movement for this output.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I indicated already, the root cause could be batch determination. Either the sending plant or receiving plant is activated for batch but not both in which case, you will have this issue. Have a look at the OSS notes I shared

michellyjunho
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Lakshmipathi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Check table XMSKA: entry SACARIA JUTA 2002 2004 000000 does not exist

The above error message triggers when there is some inconsistency in batch determination. Have a look at OSS notes 2477479 and 2780301

michellyjunho
Explorer
0 Kudos

Exactly the point, because my packaging does not hace batch. We only needs to decrease quantities when being sent to the customer along with the goods. The goods does have a batch and is without problems.

Maybe could be the moviment type? But I'm trying and din't find the correct yet.

michellyjunho
Explorer
0 Kudos

I selected this item category to not check the batch, and update the schedlue line to movment type 631, then, was possible to create the accounting document, however, when decrease the packaging stock, it was on consignment with the customer. I'm still looking for the right move.

rob_ariaans
Contributor
0 Kudos

See SAP Note 2323180 for a detailed explanation.

michellyjunho
Explorer
0 Kudos

Many thanks Rod! I'll check right now!!