Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

overpayment and underpayment

deepa_khatri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

I wanted to post post vendor payment either over or under.As for example if vendor invoice is of Rs 10.60 and i wanted to pay Rs.11 or Rs.10.

I had created reson code with C check separate charge of account.Defined GL account in OBXL.As per my knowledge system has topost automatically to the difference account GL when i clear the open item over or under payment.But when im trying to do the same sytem is giving me below error.

Suggest something.

The difference is too large for clearing

Message no. F5263

Diagnosis

A non-assigned difference exists for the specified clearing amount.

The difference for an automatic difference posting must not be greater than the difference permitted for the user, nor greater than the difference permitted for the tolerance group that is contained in the customer/vendor master record.

System Response

It is not possible to automatically charge off the difference.

Procedure

You can charge off the difference manually using the function "Clear differences". You define the upper limits for automatically clearing differences in the tolerance group assigned to the user.

regards

Dee

Change tolerance groups for user

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

deepa_khatri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Kash ,problem go solved now difference is posting to difference a/c accrdingly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepa,

I think, you getting this error because the amount is exceeding your defined payment difference in the customer/vendor account.

Try OBA3 (tcode for change view of customer/vendor tolerances) click on the tolerance group and chk and update the amount of difference permitted.

Regards,

Prashant

deepa_khatri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Prashant for your valuable input ,asper your instructions i have maintained tolerances for vendor customer payment differences after that assignment when again went to f-53 to clear open items then im getting below error,but i have already maintained the ZDI posting key and accounts in configuration.

Acct determination not defined for trans. ZDI in chart of accts SPML

Message no. F5113

Diagnosis

An automatic posting cannot be created because the account determination for transaction ZDI with keys is not defined in chart of accounts SPML.

System Response

The document cannot be posted.

Procedure

Depending on the type of processing, you can hold the document and post it later. If this is not possible and the error cannot be eliminated straightaway in customizing, you must leave processing and enter the document later.

Procedure for the system administrator

Correct the account determination for the specified transaction. Proceed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepa

The reasons for the error could be:

1. No GL account maintained in FKBP -> Cash discount and payment difference -> Payment differences by reason (ZDI).

2. The reason used in the above customizing could be different than in the posting document.

3. The GL account entered in the above customizing is either not created or not extended in the co. code in which the document is being posted to.

4. Posting keys are not entered in the above customising.

Regards

deepa_khatri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kash,

1. I have maintaines GL account in FKBP -> Cash discount and payment difference -> Payment differences by reason (ZDI).

2. The reason used in the above customizing could be different than in the posting document-How to check posting document is using different reaason code?

3. The GL account entered in the above customizing is either not created or not extended in the co. code in which the document is being posted to.-All the GL's are already in the system.

4. Posting keys are not entered in the above customising.-in FBKP-ZDI is maintained with 40/50 posting key with rounding off difference account.

still in getting below error

Acct determination not defined for trans. ZDI in chart of accts SPML

Message no. F5113

Diagnosis

An automatic posting cannot be created because the account determination for transaction ZDI with keys is not defined in chart of accounts SPML.

System Response

The document cannot be posted.

Procedure

Depending on the type of processing, you can hold the document and post it later. If this is not possible and the error cannot be eliminated straightaway in customizing, you must leave processing and enter the document later.

Procedure for the system administrator

Correct the account determination for the specified transaction. Proceed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepa

You can able to view or edit the reason code in the bottom left corner in the clearing screen. If the reason code in your FKBP customizing is blank, then make sure that it is blank here too or vice versa.

In case if your system is using subsitution or exit for deriving the reason code, you may need to debug it and find out.

Regards

deepa_khatri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kash,

In bottom left corner of f-53 reason field is blank.

But in FBKP Reason code is already defined.

When i select reason manully in f-53 clearing screen then system used to give error

*"Reason codes with automatic charge-off are not permitted here"*

*Message no. F5605*Diagnosis

The reason code entered is designed to ensure that the payment difference amount is posted to an account specially set up for this purpose. Postings of this nature usually require additional specifications (e.g. tax code, business area). If the difference stems from a single open item, the necessary specifications can be taken from that item. In the case that led to this error message, however, the difference does not stem soley from one item, which means that this method cannot be used.

System Response

The reason code entered is not accepted.

Procedure

You can either select a different reason code, which would create a new open item for the customer or vendor OR write off the difference using the function Charge off diff.. This function either takes you into a pre-configured account assignment model or into the document overview. From here you can enter the required difference postings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepa

Then in this case, create one more entry in FKBP without reason code and try to clear without entering any reason in the clearing screen.

Regards